Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 08 700 Dragon Switch has 350 miles + on it and I love the sled. I just wish I could get more top end out of it. It is completely stock except for and HPS can and I have also removed the coupler blocks. On the guage recall, I have hit a max of 97 mph on a packed snow road in a half mile pull. This thing gets to 85 mph right now and then takes forever to get over 90mph. I believe the stock gearing is 22/40 and I was wondering what would be the best combination of gears/primary weights/primary springs would be to wake this thing up. I don't want to get my ass handed to me like I did with the old 2004 Pro X2 700. My fuse 600 HO 121 would pull much better on the top end that this sled will so i'm thinking its just a gearing issue. I have also read in some other threads that the switch likes to be geared up a bit to pull better top end. Also, this thing is super heavy on oil, would that be hampering my performance as well? What should I have the oil pump set to? Have any dealers been setting the oil pumps to a lighter setting yet?

·
Registered
548 Posts
My 08 700 Dragon Switch has 350 miles + on it and I love the sled. I just wish I could get more top end out of it. It is completely stock except for and HPS can and I have also removed the coupler blocks. On the guage recall, I have hit a max of 97 mph on a packed snow road in a half mile pull. This thing gets to 85 mph right now and then takes forever to get over 90mph. I believe the stock gearing is 22/40 and I was wondering what would be the best combination of gears/primary weights/primary springs would be to wake this thing up. I don't want to get my ass handed to me like I did with the old 2004 Pro X2 700. My fuse 600 HO 121 would pull much better on the top end that this sled will so i'm thinking its just a gearing issue. I have also read in some other threads that the switch likes to be geared up a bit to pull better top end. Also, this thing is super heavy on oil, would that be hampering my performance as well? What should I have the oil pump set to? Have any dealers been setting the oil pumps to a lighter setting yet?[/b]
I agree. The 700 SB's are geared too low for fast trail and lake running.

22/40 gearing is good for about 95mph with no OD.
With 22/39 is good for 98mph with no OD.
23/39 is good for 102mph with no OD.

22/39 is probably the best bet.

All these combos will work with the 76p chain.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts