Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ATTENTION ALL ARCTIC RACERS,,,,,,,,,,,,How's the 2009 M-sled/ crossfire, handling and performing at the races?,,,,,lacat out!!!!!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2005 m sled needs retooling,competition is cominig in hot!!!!!!!! you don't think a/c retooled the snopro just to race it do you???????????

·
Registered
513 Posts
i think hes asking how the new 08 race sled is cause he thinks all the crossfires and m-series will be running the same chassis in 2009

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
i think hes asking how the new 08 race sled is cause he thinks all the crossfires and m-series will be running the same chassis in 2009[/b]
now that you say that, that could make sense? i think i heard that also?

·
Registered
970 Posts
now that you say that, that could make sense? i think i heard that also?[/b]
That has been a general wish among the deep powder AC users.

Also, he's right about the competition.
Time to be ahead of the development - again.

·
Registered
97 Posts
So if you think that Cat didn't retool the sno pro just to race with, why didn't you see the 2004-2007 sno pro come into production?

·
Registered
12,093 Posts
So if you think that Cat didn't retool the sno pro just to race with, why didn't you see the 2004-2007 sno pro come into production?[/b]
It pretty much was in production. Many of the parts were modified parts for a F-kitty chassis. A great example is the hood. Simply a cut down F-kitty hood.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Okay, but similarly to the new sno pro, when the 2004 came out it was based on a sled already in production. However, to ride this sled as compared to the F-Cat chassis the two sleds are totally different, and the only pieces that have made it into production are suspension parts. The new sno pro is also based off of a chassis that is already in production, so in my opinion if you are waiting for it to become the next mountain sled you better get ready to build it yourself.

·
Registered
620 Posts
besides all the bs, i dont know if it will ever be in a consumer friendly form, for trail guys. but the 08 sno pro kicks ass and is the best sled on the track. there isnt one thing the 08 600 doenst do better than my 07 440 or my last years 06 440 or any previous sled ever produced by arctic... it's a straight up raw, animal! no complaints

·
Registered
228 Posts
besides all the bs, i dont know if it will ever be in a consumer friendly form, for trail guys. but the 08 sno pro kicks ass and is the best sled on the track. there isnt one thing the 08 600 doenst do better than my 07 440 or my last years 06 440 or any previous sled ever produced by arctic... it's a straight up raw, animal! no complaints[/b]
Nymann, have you noticed a considerable difference with the shorter track relative to timing of the moguls? Also, how do the coil over spring front shocks compare to the air shocks from the '06 sleds?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Nymann, have you noticed a considerable difference with the shorter track relative to timing of the moguls? Also, how do the coil over spring front shocks compare to the air shocks from the '06 sleds?[/b]
track isn't any shorter it's the same length but it is wider than the older ones.

·
Registered
206 Posts
mY .02 cents....sleds flies very nicecly in the air and easy to control and get out of trouble with gas or brake (good thing for me), motors are strong but not being able to get the right jet needles is not helping anything. Sled will barely idle. They are on back-order till end of January (not good). I found it likes a higher engagement so I went to a higher rate primary and pull some pretty good holeshots when I am actually watching the flagman. Don't settle for stock clutching, experiment and you will be happy. Sled likes higher RPM off the line...for me anyway. Guess it could depend on type of snow too. Overall, not too many problems but none woulda been great..The mod goes thru plugs every two heats...no questions..change them or else!!!! Watch your plugs as the baseline Speedwerx gives is just that, a baseline. Last weekend in heavy fog/mist, I was at 410 in the mod and 390 in stocker and probably coulda dropped one more size on each. Fun sled though overall...........

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
besides all the bs, i dont know if it will ever be in a consumer friendly form, for trail guys.[/b]

Can you elaborate on this?

·
Registered
206 Posts
There are some different plugs that work better. Call the race dept. and they will give you the plug numbers.[/b]
Used them last weekend...also you can gap the BR9EYA's @.018 and this seems to help. Still...the problem doesn't really show up on the warm up stand....only on track....so better safe than sorry....but it's your call...two heats and change two plugs...routine stuff...LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts