Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering buying a used 600 at the end of the season, but along the trails here there is a # of pumps where only 87 octane is available. I know its not a good practice, but is there any way that engine would handle the 87 without detonating itself into oblivion? Would using high quality octane booster (amsoil, klotz, etc.) be good enough, or would I be asking for trouble?

·
Premium Member
5,950 Posts
Cut the heads. They also don't like mtbe don't know if you guys have that in the fuel up there or not. I'd run VP 93 if it were me.

·
Registered
114 Posts
the 08 sno pro's have to have 91 but they make more HP if you run 110.[/b]
The 08 ski-doo stockers run like crap on 110 and I have heard the sno-pros dont run that well either. Word in the pits is the 08 stockers run best on 93 pump, thats what the motors where designed for.

·
Super Advanced Member
3,369 Posts
The 08 ski-doo stockers run like crap on 110 and I have heard the sno-pros dont run that well either. Word in the pits is the 08 stockers run best on 93 pump, thats what the motors where designed for.[/b]

Wrong! Use the race fuel. If trail converting at the end of season get the CDI reprogramed. Arctic Cat race dept was very smart by not doing any reflashes until after the season is over.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Wrong! Use the race fuel. If trail converting at the end of season get the CDI reprogramed. Arctic Cat race dept was very smart by not doing any reflashes until after the season is over.[/b]
if the 08 stockers were set up to run pump gas then they would not run better on 110 (so i think). running 110 would basically make it run rich and not as well to my knowledge. the mods are a different story

·
Super Advanced Member
3,369 Posts
if the 08 stockers were set up to run pump gas then they would not run better on 110 (so i think). running 110 would basically make it run rich and not as well to my knowledge. the mods are a different story[/b]

I see you DIDN'T go to race school!

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
thats right SCHOOL = "Intelligence" lol

·
Registered
718 Posts
if the 08 stockers were set up to run pump gas then they would not run better on 110 (so i think). running 110 would basically make it run rich and not as well to my knowledge. the mods are a different story[/b]
Running rich= put a smaller main jet in
need more timing? turn up the dial
they run around 118-120hp on pump gas and can touch 130 on full race gas with timing.

·
Registered
156 Posts
the stock sleds were set up to run on pump were they not? im just saying he should be fine running 87 if he's jetted rich with the timing turned back.

i didnt go to race school i didnt take the time to look up the info on the 08 sled i just thought the stock sleds were sapposed to be running pump gas. sorry for the false post

·
Registered
156 Posts
snowcrazed440, prosno420 and prosno are you guys rockin 08 snopro's this year if so i got a few question on em let me know thanks

·
Registered
718 Posts
snowcrazed440, prosno420 and prosno are you guys rockin 08 snopro's this year if so i got a few question on em let me know thanks[/b]
yup i am racing one cross counrty. I have been racing with 92 but am switchin to 110 as the motor seems to really heat soak on 92 and turn into a big turd when its really hot. I would think with a 500 or 520 main with the timing turned to -3 it would be safe to run on 87.

·
Registered
432 Posts
hey i have a few questions what all do you learn in race school and can anyone who wants to go to race school go how long is it and do you pay to go. and one more thing about the 08 sno pro how reliabe is it for trail riding it or running it wide open on the lake compaired to the 440's and about how many miles could you get with the motor or how hard would it be to change it to the same 600 in the f series cause i think that it's build on it's just tweaked a lot.

·
Registered
718 Posts
hey i have a few questions what all do you learn in race school and can anyone who wants to go to race school go how long is it and do you pay to go. and one more thing about the 08 sno pro how reliabe is it for trail riding it or running it wide open on the lake compaired to the 440's and about how many miles could you get with the motor or how hard would it be to change it to the same 600 in the f series cause i think that it's build on it's just tweaked a lot.[/b]
very reliable on the trail. this sled was also designed for cross counrty which means miles upon miles of as hard as it can go. It uses the same cylinders as last years f's did. different head, thicker base gasket, and lighter crank is the main difference. The only downside to trail riding this sled is that there is no oil injection.

·
Registered
156 Posts
prosno from what you can tell do you think theres a chance of dropping a 800 or 1000 into that chassis?

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
if given the oportunity to get one, whats everyone think? I How big is the cross country tank, and could guages be added? Thanks.

·
Registered
718 Posts
if given the oportunity to get one, whats everyone think? I How big is the cross country tank, and could guages be added? Thanks.[/b]
the big tank is around 12 or 13 gallons. There is a speedo\tach kit available as i just recieved mine on monday.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
The 08 ski-doo stockers run like crap on 110 and I have heard the sno-pros dont run that well either. Word in the pits is the 08 stockers run best on 93 pump, thats what the motors where designed for.[/b]
the doo stockers run like shit stock on race gas because they are pig rich, drop it down a few sizes on the jets and they run alot better than on pump fuel. ANY sled will run better on race gas than pump fuel. the differences are the race fuel has alot more octane, and the octane just makes the fuel burn colder and cleaner. and then the race fuel has lead in it, and all the lead does it provide more lubrication to the cylinders, as well as take more heat out of the cylinder and puts it in the pipe, and i do believe that a hot pipe and a cold motor makes more power, correct? properly jetter all sleds will run better on race fuel than pump fuel

1 - 20 of 42 Posts