Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 07 cfi has been disappionting, handles awsome but thats it. the first year it would over rev to 8600, then i had the reflash done it ran like crap for 100 miles and burned down. im having it fixed if it doesnt run awsome im gonna buy a xp next year. if anyone has a 08 polaris how are they as far a engine reliability. thanks

·
Registered
648 Posts
I have an 08 dragon 600 and it runs awesome.I only have 460 miles on so far.It's fast for a 600.I love the sled but I'm going back to yami next year.I had 3 4strokes already.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I have an 08 dragon 600 and it runs awesome.I only have 460 miles on so far.It's fast for a 600.I love the sled but I'm going back to yami next year.I had 3 4strokes already.[/b]
Why are you going back? Just curious.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I love every thing about my 700 dragon. The only bad thing is that the crankshaft broke off. Even thought every one thinks Im lieing about even having a dragon but w/e.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have an '08 600 Dragon with 1200 miles and haven't had any problems. I think it is very fast for a 600. It gets 13-14 mpg's and the handling and suspension are great!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Im not sure on the exact mpg but I do no that its nothing special. I just remeber once we were at a gas station and I put 6.5 gallons in and my uncles 800r put in 5.5 and so did my other uncles fusion only put 5.5 gallons in. Once I get it back and get to drive again I will figure it out

·
Registered
31 Posts
My 07 600cfi has 1600 miles and performs awesome and I had an 03 pro-x 600 before that which was great . I also ride a 06 YZ450f that is fantastic! I think the Yamaha sleds are getting better but they are a few years away from Polaris and Doo. 4 strokes will be the future.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I have a 07 600 cfi switchback and love it ,0 problems,had 2000 miles on my 06 600 switchback last season,couple little issues but nothing to even bother talking about,I am very happy with the IQ's I've had,my brother has a 07 dragon with 1400 trouble free miles and my other brother has a 08 dragon 700 switchback and it has also been trouble free,we are all very happy,My opinion is dealer set up!!if your dealer takes the time to set them up these sleds are great,but I am finding more and more dealers who don't take the time to set these machines up properly.don't blame polaris blame these dealers and report them to polaris !

·
Registered
847 Posts
my 07 cfi has been disappionting, handles awsome but thats it. the first year it would over rev to 8600, then i had the reflash done it ran like crap for 100 miles and burned down. im having it fixed if it doesnt run awsome im gonna buy a xp next year. if anyone has a 08 polaris how are they as far a engine reliability. thanks[/b]
Sounds like you need a better dealership to work on it!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Performance wise, you now own the biggest, over-achiever of 07 and 08. Period.

There is something wrong with it, don't blame the sled.

Find out the problem even if it means taking it to another dealer.

Bull

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 07 600 cfi switchback and love it ,0 problems,had 2000 miles on my 06 600 switchback last season,couple little issues but nothing to even bother talking about,I am very happy with the IQ's I've had,my brother has a 07 dragon with 1400 trouble free miles and my other brother has a 08 dragon 700 switchback and it has also been trouble free,we are all very happy,My opinion is dealer set up!!if your dealer takes the time to set them up these sleds are great,but I am finding more and more dealers who don't take the time to set these machines up properly.don't blame polaris blame these dealers and report them to polaris ![/b]
Newbee here, not familiar with cfi just wondering what is their to set-up. My 700 handles great, but performance is not up to par. Oil is 32:1, seems way to much. 10-12 mpg, could be better if i kept my thumb out of it. 0 to 75 quick, took 3/4 of a mile on hard pack road to go 100mph and that was it. Seems to have alot more potenial then it has showed. I'm taking it back to my dealer next week, just wondering what to tell them what to check. Because I know the only thing they did to my sled was put skies, handle bars, and wind shield on.

·
Registered
255 Posts
went for a ride last weekend and there was 2 iq 600 rev 800r and a 700 fusion, stopped to gas up fusion took over 20 bucks my dads friend iq was 16 and my brothers 17 and the rev xp was 14.... one iq has my dad's friends iq has clutching from epi, and we got a slp can on my bro's and it is very very close, we creep away at 60. he gots us by 20 lbs also

·
Registered
648 Posts
I got just over 14 mpg this weekend and that was with some drag racing,most of it was high speed UP railroad grade riding.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts