Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
They are gonna need at least one four stroke in the 120-150 hp range soon. There are plenty of people that love their revs that are waiting for a four stroke but will not wait forever.(myself included). Spending 40-50 bucks every few fill-ups on oil is a huge waste of money and the worry free longevity of the four strokes is just too good for high milers to ignore.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
They are gonna need at least one four stroke in the 120-150 hp range soon. There are plenty of people that love their revs that are waiting for a four stroke but will not wait forever.(myself included). Spending 40-50 bucks every few fill-ups on oil is a huge waste of money and the worry free longevity of the four strokes is just too good for high milers to ignore.[/b]
I don't think the oil is that big of a factor compared to their other "issues". I did a TON of research and will never run Doo oil again at that price. There are cheaper alternatives such as Citgo Snow and sea or Arctic Blue both semi-sysnthetic and around 11 bucks a gallon. Even Amsoil is cheaper. Ran the Arctic Blue for over 3500 miles in my 700 with zero problems. The bigger problem is carb boots delaminating, rings (depending on year), PTO seals (depending on year) and all the re-mapping going on. If they could get the motors to be as reliable as the old Rotary Valve 583/670's they wouldn't be losing people to 4-strokers.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The Word I have heard from two Doo dealers is the 600 SDI possibly the Mach Z's will0 become "E-Tec" fuel injected engines just like the BRP Outboards and everything is going to be 2 stroke technology. The 800 will remain carbureted for 08. Guess we'll have to wait and see what launches. Ski Doo is committed to developing clean environmentally friendly 2-stroke engine technology in both sleds and outboards. :div20:

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
They are gonna need at least one four stroke in the 120-150 hp range soon. There are plenty of people that love their revs that are waiting for a four stroke but will not wait forever.(myself included). Spending 40-50 bucks every few fill-ups on oil is a huge waste of money and the worry free longevity of the four strokes is just too good for high milers to ignore.[/b]
this is correct... and it will fit directly in the new chassis... expect it to be much closer in power levels to the FST and the Apex, and it will be in a conservative trim level that can easily be bumped up beyond what you might imagine for a factory tuned force-fed motor...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts