Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 weeks till my first Sno-X race and was wondering if anyone has found a good set-up for the new 08 IQR 600 for SnoCross.

I talked to the Crew Chief over at Avalanche Racing and was told to run...

165/310 Primary Spring (Isn't this the stock spring?)
58's shaved in the heel
Engagement should be 5700 (not sure how to achieve this?)
160/280 Secondary Spring (I believe that is the Stock Spring also)
Run the Stock Gears

Helix Setting: In sticky snow use the steeper setting: 78-44
In loose snow use: 66-44

Race Gas: Mix 4 gallons 92 octane with 1 gallon 110 octane race fuel to achieve 95 octane. Set the timing dial to "D" position.

I'm going to talk to Hentches head mechanic as soon as he answers his phone and I can compare set-ups.

Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, Canterbury Regionals. I have next week off to test and practice... so I need to find a practice track that isn't $100/day. Would like to get my sled dialed in... in hopes of getting a whole shot, so I'm not eating shit. I better invest in some tear away goggles-lol. Any of you guys going to watch the pro's this weekend? I'll be there Sat. and Sunday.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Definately get in some practice time if it all possible! And a big of part of the holeshot is just plain technique, I think stock they are usually actually set up pretty well. Last year in the beginning of the year I was ripping holeshots on my studded stock 06. Then toward the end of the year my clutch springs started sackin out, i still gotta replace them things actually... haha but yeah I would just get to a spot and if you can get somebody to wave a flag or even just there arm like the starter guys do and practice a crapload of starts. that will probably help you as much as anything.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Yep, Canterbury Regionals. I have next week off to test and practice... so I need to find a practice track that isn't $100/day. Would like to get my sled dialed in... in hopes of getting a whole shot, so I'm not eating shit. I better invest in some tear away goggles-lol. Any of you guys going to watch the pro's this weekend? I'll be there Sat. and Sunday.[/b]
Thinking I'll be there on Sunday. Probably give you a call if I'm there, and we can meet up.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Well, we are picking an 08 600R up this week and I am going to be running it at the last race this weekend in Semi-Pro stock. I am basicly just curious about jetting for these bad boys. We are picking it up from Avalanche so everything else should be good and I will be asking them about jetting too but more input is usually better so I figured I would ask here too. Temps are supposed to be in the 20s. Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, we are picking an 08 600R up this week and I am going to be running it at the last race this weekend in Semi-Pro stock. I am basicly just curious about jetting for these bad boys. We are picking it up from Avalanche so everything else should be good and I will be asking them about jetting too but more input is usually better so I figured I would ask here too. Temps are supposed to be in the 20s. Thanks guys[/b]
Sweet Andrew!
Here's what a bunch of us have been running in are 08's... with 1/2 92 octane & 1/2 110 octane mixed at 32/1 or some run 40/1, jetting for 20F I've been running 340's and even 330's when it's closer to 30F. I was talking to Parker Browns mechanic and they will run 310's on a really warm day. On colder days, or mornings like zero degrees or colder you wanna run 390's or 400's. Also make sure you clean your valves often, mine slowed me down last race. Dave

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Sweet Andrew!
Here's what a bunch of us have been running in are 08's... with 1/2 92 octane & 1/2 110 octane mixed at 32/1 or some run 40/1, jetting for 20F I've been running 340's and even 330's when it's closer to 30F. I was talking to Parker Browns mechanic and they will run 310's on a really warm day. On colder days, or mornings like zero degrees or colder you wanna run 390's or 400's. Also make sure you clean your valves often, mine slowed me down last race. Dave[/b]
hey what are you guys running with just prem. on the 08 all im going to run next year probably is good prem gas. right now it 410's which seems pretty same to me but just looking and seeing how these thing are affected by jetting, some engine are more then others. remember though im running xc and loosing 1-2 HP is better them blowing an engine in the middle of a race 20 miles form nowhere.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey what are you guys running with just prem. on the 08 all im going to run next year probably is good prem gas. right now it 410's which seems pretty same to me but just looking and seeing how these thing are affected by jetting, some engine are more then others. remember though im running xc and loosing 1-2 HP is better them blowing an engine in the middle of a race 20 miles form nowhere.[/b]

92 Octane with the timing on G, I'll run 390's on a warm day.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
92 Octane with the timing on G, I'll run 390's on a warm day.[/b]
what if im running it on E or even D. d is zero correct and e is -2, f-3 and g-4?

·
Registered
887 Posts
Sweet Andrew!
Here's what a bunch of us have been running in are 08's... with 1/2 92 octane & 1/2 110 octane mixed at 32/1 or some run 40/1, jetting for 20F I've been running 340's and even 330's when it's closer to 30F. I was talking to Parker Browns mechanic and they will run 310's on a really warm day. On colder days, or mornings like zero degrees or colder you wanna run 390's or 400's. Also make sure you clean your valves often, mine slowed me down last race. Dave[/b]
OK cool! I'll probably run 340s then if the forecast is right. And I will definately be running 32:1 and half and half. A lot of the class where I'm running is still on 440s so I don't think I need to push it too hard.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts