Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, a buddy of mine recently bought an 08 FST switch and is experiencing this problem

he was driving it around for a good couple of hours then decided he wanted something to eat so he went to the local subway. when he got there he notice the rear suspension was sittibng a bit low. once he noticed this he lifted the back of his snowmachine and the it bottomed right out!.... so after this he nursed it home let it sit over night. The next day it was right back up again.....( i know sounded funny to be to but thats what he told me.)

i was just wondering if anybody has experienced this , if so was there a fix?

thanx

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Was it still bottomed out after he left the subway? If he rode it into subway and didnt notice the suspension not working before he parked it maybe he was just parked on a mound of snow or something. Maybe he was just overly cautious and nursed it home for nothing? I think if it was an actual problem he would have noticed it before he parked it.

If he just had the track parked on a mound of some kind and nursed it home for nothing that would truely be funny. Mostly cause I did the same thing with my sled a few years ago. :yelrotflmao: Fortunately I did it at my parents house though and called the guy that works on my sled and said I think my shocks are blown. I described basically the same thing he said "hand the phone to your father and go forward or reverse about 4 in and tell me what happens." Sure enough the shock came right back up.

Hopefully this is the case... he might feel like an idiot but its a much cheaper fix. :frech11:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awesome thanks for the advice thats probably what happens causethat parking lots has a couple of big mounds where they park there sleds.... he will prolly feel like an idiot though.... o well i can hold it against him!...lol

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Ehh its more of a panick situation... Your first thought is oh damn what did i do. I think it gets alot of people. I would assume he would have noticed his skid was fine as soon as he got back on the trail though so maybe something really did happen... Just doesnt seem likely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts