Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my sled today and been riding it around quite a while. it finally got dark and after i been riding it i notice the headlights would just go out and come back on, then my dash lights would go off and then come on few seconds later like you just start it up. What is the reason for this and can someone tell me what i need to do to fix it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
i just got my sled today and been riding it around quite a while. it finally got dark and after i been riding it i notice the headlights would just go out and come back on, then my dash lights would go off and then come on few seconds later like you just start it up. What is the reason for this and can someone tell me what i need to do to fix it.[/b]

My 08 F8 blew out both lights on the right side fixed that then they started going on and off like yours took it back to dealer they replaced the ECU not a problem since 479 miles Later.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright well thanks man,i will definitly look into that,i just thought it was weird how i just got it and its acting up already like that,my dads 05 sabercat 700 did the same but when that happend the engine would die on him and things like that,it was pretty weird.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
if everything up top is going out maybe the wire loom is not connected properly. I saw this happen earlier this year on a new F6 also. at least if that IS what the prob is, it's quick and easy to fix

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just got it fixed,there are a set of wires that run down the handlebars and into the engine, i followed them something was rubbing on them and making it short out,now we got it fixed and its running better then ever.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
now im having a new problem,everything is good with the lights and all,just now ill be riding and my mph guage will not be moving,it will be pointing down at 0 when im moving. So i switched it around and made RPM as the guage and mph on digital,when i did that, at times it would work and at times it would be at 0. We found some cut wires from before when the lights were flickering,might have to check them out again and see if we missed one that could be cut,thats all i can think of.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts