Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Road Arctic Cats for the pass few years, bought my first Skidoo last week. 800 Renegade. I know almost all new sleds have some issue's, just wondering if I could get a heads up on what gremlins to look for. I have to say that this sled has impressed me.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
what to look for ??

look for a gym, to hold on, with all the power this sled has
look for the smile on your face when you get back to the house after riding all day
look to your boss ,and ask for more time off of work
look for your riding buddies fading in your mirrors, as your going down the trail

other than that, not much

·
Registered
350 Posts
Belt at 500 miles other than that great sled . Runs strong! :buttrock:

·
Registered
350 Posts
I wasnt very impressed with the doo belt . Seems to hard . My last few miles with the doo belt seemd like it was slipping and over reving . Im trying the ultamax xs 803 belt now . It grabs better and my rpm at 8200 all day long . I wonder if doo got a bad batch of belts . Anyway this sled is the best sled out of the box i have ever had . :buttrock:

·
Registered
30,678 Posts
Is there a reason why the first belt isnt lasting very long? My dads blew at 450 miles.[/b]
belt cant handle it. there is an updated belt coming out and the old belts will be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Keep an eye on the y pipe bolts, they like to back out on Doo's. Good fix is to grab some njord lock washers.

·
Registered
222 Posts
belt cant handle it. there is an updated belt coming out and the old belts will be covered under warranty.[/b]
alright thanks for the info. We were wondering why the belt would just blow. My dad bought the sled with 200 miles on it then on our first ride with it it had like 245 miles on it and the belt blew. Sorry for my post above when I said 450 miles. I meant to say 250 not 450. I just noticed I did that lol.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Belt , tunnel to track side clearance, and ski's that don't seem to steer too well when their always in the air! LOL

Seriously, after 500 miles, several adjustments, and direct comparison withfriend 06 800 renegade, no matter how I set it up to eliminate transfer, it still wants to lift, and thus can not carve corners as hard as the old model... not onstock carbides and ski's at least.
His is set up to transfer totally, mine is set up tight to put more pressure on the ski's, and it still will not corner as well as his.

the XP lost 50 lbs, and handles like they shoved what was left of the machine right over the driver....stays totally flat in corners, but as ssonas I give it more than 1/2 throttle they start to lift!

The thing loves to lift the ski's any speed up to 80 MPH, and the stock ski's are not aggressive enough for the loss of mass, and change in weight bias IMO

Oh both machines have 1.75" tracks

·
Registered
400 Posts
Road Arctic Cats for the pass few years, bought my first Skidoo last week. 800 Renegade. I know almost all new sleds have some issue's, just wondering if I could get a heads up on what gremlins to look for. I have to say that this sled has impressed me.[/b]

Only problem is the SKIIS....... they suck.....We are going to try the C and A Powder pro's and the Simmons Flexi's. We will post our results. The belt has lasted 600 miles...(.but she does not look good). 1 3/4" track hooks up like a cat on a screen door! The vibration is a little issue, however this is a small price to pay for this rocket!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Got a friend who has the 800R Gade. He's been through three belts in about 750 miles, (every 250 or so like clockwork). Bent his lower control arm (left side) twice and tweaked the tunnel a little bit. Not abusing it, mind you, but riding aggressively on bumpy trails.....He's positive that the weight reduction has sacrificed strength in the chassis. Not a happy camper with his $10K plus investment so far. Makes me glad I decided to hold onto my 06 and wait for the real reviews to start coming in.....

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Is there a reason why the first belt isnt lasting very long? My dads blew at 450 miles.[/b]
Need to set the belt deflection before every ride (or at least check it). 400 miles on the original belt, am thinking of buying the Ultimax as a replacement.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts