Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, hope everyone is getting the best of the early snow.

Rode all weekend in N.D, semi packed trail conditions with mile long straights, built perfect for these new 1000's. Wrong, running 7350 rpm's, loose track, and correct belt deflection couldn't hit 100 mph on the speedo in a mile.Sled has about 400 miles on it. WTF. Lined up over and over with our pace sleds and could never get over 98 mph. Sled seems to pull pretty hard until about 90 and then just lays down, and when I say 'pulls pretty hard' what I should be saying is that it will NOT stay within a couple lenghths of my well tuned 03 F7. I ran side by side with a twin piped 01 ZR 800 all day long, never getting a jump on him and never leaving him behind on top end. Is this really what we have to start with as a base line from arctic?

I keep reading on here about guys seeing 110-115 on there speedo's, I havent seen over 97 on mine. Does anyone running one of these 'fast' 08 1000 sp live around the Lake MTKa area in MN that would be willing to meet up and line up so I can get a true gauge as to whats going?

I have tuned alot of sleds to run well but am a little confused on how this sled is running stock. Any help or feedback directly related to the 08 F1000 SP would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts

Rode all weekend in N.D, semi packed trail conditions with mile long straights, built perfect for these new 1000's. Wrong, running 7350 rpm's, loose track, and correct belt deflection couldn't hit 100 mph on the speedo in a mile.Sled has about 400 miles on it. WTF. Lined up over and over with our pace sleds and could never get over 98 mph. Sled seems to pull pretty hard until about 90 and then just lays down, and when I say 'pulls pretty hard' what I should be saying is that it will NOT stay within a couple lenghths of my well tuned 03 F7. I ran side by side with a twin piped 01 ZR 800 all day long, never getting a jump on him and never leaving him behind on top end. Is this really what we have to start with as a base line from arctic?

I keep reading on here about guys seeing 110-115 on there speedo's, I havent seen over 97 on mine. Does anyone running one of these 'fast' 08 1000 sp live around the Lake MTKa area in MN that would be willing to meet up and line up so I can get a true gauge as to whats going?

I have tuned alot of sleds to run well but am a little confused on how this sled is running stock. Any help or feedback directly related to the 08 F1000 SP would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.[/b]
I saw 107 on mine and she was still climbing and this was on a groomed trail, I chickened out because I was on a trail and didn't want to get hurt,lol. I should have hanged on and seen what she will do.anyways, if you want to travel up to brainerd I'd be more then happy to line them up and see where your at. mines box stock,loose track and belt adjusted.

I should have had real results by now but our lakes have been shitty for high speed running and I was sick for 2 weeks and never rode so I haven't had a chance to find a good spot on a lake to really see what mine will do but I'm confident that it will get well into the teens. I will know in the next week or so!!! it is driving me nutz not knowing how fast my sled is..lol. in fact I might take it up to my dads place on the white fish tomorrow and see..it looked pretty good for running out there.

·
Registered
96 Posts

Thanks.[/b]
Tough to say exactly what's going on with your sled. I can honestly say mine is fast as hell up to 105, and that was loaded down for a 4 day saddle bag trip. It ripped up to 105 on the gps, 104 on the sled and was still rapidly climbing ( not that wait forever to get a couple extra miles an hour or tucking your head ) and I shut down because I ran out of room. This was also with double oil and only 20 miles on the sled and I weigh 210 with out any gear on. I did notice that after 400 miles my belt is even with the top of the secondary, something to watch for !!!

·
Registered
92 Posts

Thanks.Your time will come once the trails and lakes are hardpacked. These sleds suck in any kind of loose snow because of the weight and power. The only time my 03 f7 with all the bolt on goodys and inch and quarter ripsaw can hang with my T(tank)1000 with [email protected] goodys is in a short drag race or loose snow. In deep snow my f7 will kill my 1000. On hardpack snow or lake my f1000 after 90 would leave my f7 like its sitting there. The point is u will never have one sled that will dominate racing in any conditions or length. That sled doesnt exist thats why keeping my f7is the only way to have the best of both worlds.And how did i do it I am in debt to my eyeballs.[/b]

·
Registered
92 Posts
.Your time will come once the trails and lakes are hardpacked. These sleds suck in any kind of loose snow because of the weight and power. The only time my 03 f7 with all the bolt on goodys and inch and quarter ripsaw can hang with my T(tank)1000 with [email protected] goodys is in a short drag race or loose snow. In deep snow my f7 will kill my 1000. On hardpack snow or lake my f1000 after 90 would leave my f7 like its sitting there. The point is u will never have one sled that will dominate racing in any conditions or length. That sled doesnt exist thats why keeping my f7is the only way to have the best of both worlds.And how did i do it I am in debt to my eyeballs.[/b]

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
well sorry to hear that.... my 08 f1000 flat out rips.... i am at a friends house and the ride hear was flawless,,, the front bumper was plowing through the snow,,, theirs a ton of it hear,, and easy passing the c-note,,, and yes it still 100% stock,,, dident even touch the sled yet... Its the fastest sled from cat yet!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
well sorry to hear that.... my 08 f1000 flat out rips.... i am at a friends house and the ride hear was flawless,,, the front bumper was plowing through the snow,,, theirs a ton of it hear,, and easy passing the c-note,,, and yes it still 100% stock,,, dident even touch the sled yet... Its the fastest sled from cat yet!!![/b]
What track do u have my 1 inch 15 wide sucks in deep snow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts