Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think about the 07' Phazer for a 190lb 5'10 rider. Some what experienced snow ride, and Inter. motocross rider on kx450 last sleds where 440, Indy 500 and 600 powder special.
I think this sled might be comparable, possible get me by for the first year and then put a supercharger/turbo in the thing. What do you think?
I am going to purchase a sled soon need some input. I will go 4-stroke for sure, not stuck on Phazer just keeps running in my mind that it sound like the sled for me
Apex optional as well.

·
Registered
671 Posts
if u dont want to haul ass across the lake and are just looking for a trail sled the phazer would be a fun sled. if you were thinking about supercharging or a turbo just get the apex. you will have alot better reliability that way. either way a 4 stroke is the best choice!

·
Registered
123 Posts
It depends on your riding style. I've never ridden a Phazer but I have sat on one and it's a different sled. The Phazer is an entry level sled. If you want true comfort and speed and put on alot of trail mileage, go with the Apex/Attak. If you just go out for shorter rides and basically just "hot dog" around, the Phazer might be for you. As far as adding power with turbo, you really don't have the chassis and motor in the Phazer. The 08 Nytro and Vector sleds may come out with a Phazer type chassis and then you would have the best of both worlds should you wait.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
If you want to do 125 then get the apex but if 100-110 thengo with the nitro or vector. Nitro is more like standing up riding, simmilar to the phazer. The vector is more of a sit down ride and a bit faster top end.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I would go with the nytro. i love mine. plus the phazer would be a little slow. and i know they are hard to work on i got a bud that got one this year. i think he likes it but i think he is a little disappointed he did not say he was not happy. but he put a few miles on it and went out right away to get a clutch kit. but his other sled was 110 hp so if was a step down for him. but he like the way it looks. it's up to you but the super chargers are not cheap. plus the nytro come with the fox floats. get a 06 nytro left over and save some money?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts