Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious what you guys have found with setting spring tensions on your IQ's. I'm wondering if loosening up my front skid shock spring, if it will corner a little better. Always used to run the edge front skid spring just 1 turn tighter than jiggly loose. Does this apply to the IQ skid too ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
while riding in the u.p. over the holidays, we met a "Polaris manufacturing rep" and he took my brothers I.Q. front shocks down two whole turns. Then he set the rear suspension to LOW. Then he cranked the big shock down three turns. The sled now corners like a dream Before we felt like it was going to flip all the time. He said they are set very tight. hope this helps

·
Banned
6,504 Posts
I was just curious what you guys have found with setting spring tensions on your IQ's. I'm wondering if loosening up my front skid shock spring, if it will corner a little better. Always used to run the edge front skid spring just 1 turn tighter than jiggly loose. Does this apply to the IQ skid too ?[/b]
As you said loosen the front skid shock until the spring is unloaded and tight one turn. You may also want to put a little more spring pressure on the front ski shocks.

On the 08 dragons loosen the front skid shock same as the IQ's and raise the nitrogen pressure on the front ski shocks 5 ot 8 psi.

Doug

·
Registered
464 Posts
while riding in the u.p. over the holidays, we met a "Polaris manufacturing rep" and he took my brothers I.Q. front shocks down two whole turns. Then he set the rear suspension to LOW. Then he cranked the big shock down three turns. The sled now corners like a dream Before we felt like it was going to flip all the time. He said they are set very tight. hope this helps[/b]
What do you mean by "crank the 'big' shock down three turns?"

·
Registered
648 Posts
As you said loosen the front skid shock until the spring is unloaded and tight one turn. You may also want to put a little more spring pressure on the front ski shocks.

On the 08 dragons loosen the front skid shock same as the IQ's and raise the nitrogen pressure on the front ski shocks 5 ot 8 psi.

Doug[/b]

How do you adjust air 2.0 shock's?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I was just curious what you guys have found with setting spring tensions on your IQ's. I'm wondering if loosening up my front skid shock spring, if it will corner a little better. Always used to run the edge front skid spring just 1 turn tighter than jiggly loose. Does this apply to the IQ skid too ?[/b]
ttt

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
well yes your at right here. loosening the preload and or also pulling the limiter up will help you corner. what happens is you arwe putting less preloaded weight on the FTA which is like the folcum of the sled. the wieght is trnsfered at this point. alloing it to compress easier at this point will keep the front end flatter. on the other side you will loss transfer and traction. traction more to when you raise the limiters. also sled has more sag in the rear. as for the skie springs. stiffer to a point will keep it flatter but to stiff you hit the tipping point. but also soft preload will ehlp put more weight into the corner but you wil ahve more body roll. its always somewhat of a give or take.

How do you adjust air 2.0 shock's?[/b]
you have somone like me or any other shock rebuilder her add some nitro or buy the polaris pump kit.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found that by pulling up the front limiter strap 1 hole and setting the front ski springs 1 turn from jiggly loose when hanging free that i have it handling pretty good. Thinking of going with some Slydogs or SLT's next season. And maybe some 08 Dragon handlebars, Heard they were more comfortable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts