Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I was riding my 07 F8. I pulled up along a couple buddies' sleds, turned it off and started to walk away, and realized that there was an extreme amount of smoke coming out of the top console on the sled. I opened the hood and noticed that there was open flames above the cylinders. I couldn't tell if it was an electrical fire or something else it was tough to tell, because it went to fast. All I could do is try pack as much snow as possible into the engine compartment in the short amount of time that I had. But it went too fast the son of a bitch burnt to the ground in probably about 10 min total. Looking back, I should have broken the top console off right away so I would've been able to say better where it had started and maybe got it under control. It just went too fast... really sad deal.

Just talking with some friends and people I know, some people have been saying that they've heard of some of the racing sleds having some of the same problems (starting on fire). I don't know if they are just saying that or if it is rumor.

I just wanted to get some more opinions. And if Arctic Cat is having problems like that with their new sleds, there is obviously mechanical problems. And maybe they should be doing something to support their long time customers on the issue.

Please let me know what you think!!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Oh my God.......and I just took delivery of my 2007 F8.......Sorry about your luck bud, thank God there is insurance though

·
Registered
247 Posts
my friend's had the same thing happen last year on a apex.it turned out to be that the heated shield was wired wrong.the shop that did the job, would not even pay for his $500.00 deductible.did your's have a heated shield?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts