Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope maybe someone has run across this problem. i can not figure out what it is. I have a trail ported, singled pipe sled with a boondocker. I was out yesterday and the sled was bogging real bad. I went and cleaned the pwer valves and changed out the pto side plugs because they were really oily black. The sled ran better. Later that day I was making a long pull and the sled bogged down and I thought i burned it down. I limped it home and found that the DD pipe had split down the middle which made it louder and obviously caused the bogging.

I pulled the plugs on the pto side and they were wet again. I also check the cylinders and they look fine and there was no detenation on the pistons. I put the stock pipe on and ran it in the field and it revved fine, but after about two miles of riding through deep powder the throttle would stick and not release. It wouldn't stick wide open, but it seemed to choke the motor off. I would have to kill the engine and the the throttle would release and then restart it. This is extremely frustrating.

I am thinking it could possible be a bad reed for fouling out the plugs. I am replacing the old style v-force with the new style ones. Is it possible that the powdered snow is somehow getting in the throttle bodies and causing them to freeze and not release properly? I thought they were heated with coolant, but I did have this problem on a firecat I owned. Thanks for any thoughts you might have.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me on my ZR900. Something is restricting air flow in your silencer. In my case I had bent my outlet up when I hit a stump. Which was not letting the exhaust gases flow freely out of the silencer. That did not let the pipe heat up properly. My sled was bogging also, I thought it was from following some slower riders. So I opened her up once I got on a lake. My throttle froze up at 90mph going across a lake. There might be something inside your silencer (mouse nest) or you outlet is bent up.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the same thing happen to me on my ZR900. Something is restricting air flow in your silencer. In my case I had bent my outlet up when I hit a stump. Which was not letting the exhaust gases flow freely out of the silencer. That did not let the pipe heat up properly. My sled was bogging also, I thought it was from following some slower riders. So I opened her up once I got on a lake. My throttle froze up at 90mph going across a lake. There might be something inside your silencer (mouse nest) or you outlet is bent up.[/b]
I can check on that. I do already have 650 miles on this year, but I noticed i had an extreme amount of heat coming from the exhaust side vent on my leg. I thought this might also be from when the pipe broke. Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
I hope maybe someone has run across this problem. i can not figure out what it is. I have a trail ported, singled pipe sled with a boondocker. I was out yesterday and the sled was bogging real bad. I went and cleaned the pwer valves and changed out the pto side plugs because they were really oily black. The sled ran better. Later that day I was making a long pull and the sled bogged down and I thought i burned it down. I limped it home and found that the DD pipe had split down the middle which made it louder and obviously caused the bogging.

I pulled the plugs on the pto side and they were wet again. I also check the cylinders and they look fine and there was no detenation on the pistons. I put the stock pipe on and ran it in the field and it revved fine, but after about two miles of riding through deep powder the throttle would stick and not release. It wouldn't stick wide open, but it seemed to choke the motor off. I would have to kill the engine and the the throttle would release and then restart it. This is extremely frustrating.
I am thinking it could possible be a bad reed for fouling out the plugs. I am replacing the old style v-force with the new style ones. Is it possible that the powdered snow is somehow getting in the throttle bodies and causing them to freeze and not release properly? I thought they were heated with coolant, but I did have this problem on a firecat I owned. Thanks for any thoughts you might have.[/b]
Hello
I have had my throttle stick as well, also going through deep powder it would bog and run like hell, to make a long story short check your air box, take off the top oval cover more like a plug and see it you have ice in there. If you do pull up on the air box from that hole and look at the seem on the air box, I bet you'll see that your box is split on that seem. I had problems with mine and a friend of mine had the same problems, took them both back to the dealer ship and he had 5lbs of ice in his.
hope this helps
Max

1 - 4 of 4 Posts