Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 07 Dragon ran excellent last year. I've had all the updates done. It seems to run fine, getting 12 to 14 mpg.
The problem is I like to drag race and when you leave out of the hole it doesnt seem to take off until you hit between
6500 to 7000 rpms. I mean it comes out but it doesn't rev up as fast as it did last year. Its like the exhaust valves are openning to slow. Pulled my exhaust valves, they were
clean and free. Does anybody know how the exhaust solenoid works. I'm thinking this could be the problem. Anyother suggestions on what it could be?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have an 07 700. Sled runs good but gets very poor mileage. 9 to 10 mpg. I don't know of anyone getting this kind of mileage. What color injectors do you have?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
My 07 Dragon ran excellent last year. I've had all the updates done. It seems to run fine, getting 12 to 14 mpg.
The problem is I like to drag race and when you leave out of the hole it doesnt seem to take off until you hit between
6500 to 7000 rpms. I mean it comes out but it doesn't rev up as fast as it did last year. Its like the exhaust valves are openning to slow. Pulled my exhaust valves, they were
clean and free. Does anybody know how the exhaust solenoid works. I'm thinking this could be the problem. Anyother suggestions on what it could be?[/b]

hmm,that would be then saying they were stuck open,,,not closed,,nope,,not it.
Sounds alot like a clutching /belt issue

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been trying different clutching , so I know its not a broken spring. Checked primary belt clearance, its .020 with a new belt.
Checked the belt deflection and its right at 1". What if the exhaust valves are slow opening?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
If they're slow opening/not opening, you notice performance issues on the mid, top end,not the botton.
I think you are answering you're own question though,,you've been trying different clutching.
Go back to where you were before you made clutching changes.
I don't know what you did as far as changes.
Did you add more primary weight,,did you put in a higher degree cam,,did you put in a softer sec spring,,

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Hmm,,I'm having a hardtime figuring it to be ex valve related,,I've run mine wide open,,without the results you are talking about.
But,,of course fully closed and it's a real pooch,,and thats not your problem.

So,,without much more info,,or seeing the sled in front of me,,I'm pretty much hooped.

Does really sound like spring tension/excess engine load/component binding .

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hmm,,I'm having a hardtime figuring it to be ex valve related,,I've run mine wide open,,without the results you are talking about.
But,,of course fully closed and it's a real pooch,,and thats not your problem.

So,,without much more info,,or seeing the sled in front of me,,I'm pretty much hooped.

Does really sound like spring tension/excess engine load/component binding .[/b]

I have the same hesitation in my 07 but otherwise it runs great......but if I run regular fuel instead of premium it seems to almost eliminate the hesitation

·
Banned
17,243 Posts
I have the same hesitation in my 07 but otherwise it runs great......but if I run regular fuel instead of premium it seems to almost eliminate the hesitation[/b]
I am running regular fuel also. Went out today with temperature around 0 Fahrenheit and some pretty good barometric pressure. At a standing start it would pull great up to 100 mph then it would go into safe mode and fall on it's face. Sometimes at 6000 rpm if I would grab a handful of throttle it would fall on it's face also. I'm stumped.

·
Banned
8,101 Posts
I am running regular fuel also. Went out today with temperature around 0 Fahrenheit and some pretty good barometric pressure. At a standing start it would pull great up to 100 mph then it would go into safe mode and fall on it's face. Sometimes at 6000 rpm if I would grab a handful of throttle it would fall on it's face also. I'm stumped.[/b]
Did this happen last season or since reflash ?

·
Banned
17,243 Posts
Did this happen last season or since reflash ?[/b]
Last season and after the reflash. Sorry forgot to mention that.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
I have an 07 as well and I think it is something we are going to have to live with. I have my reflash done and T-stat done as well and fuel vaporizor. Did it before reflash and now that the reflash is done. Does run great other wise. I run premium as well. I am wondering if I turn down the oil pump if it would continue to do it. I almost feel that it is loading up when running at 35-45 then letting the throttle rip.

I may try a different belt as well to see if that helps but I doubt it will. I have not checked my primary spring lately but the last time I checked it was OK.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
The isue the last number of you are describing is not the same as the original poster.
What you are describing is a lean condition in midrange.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts