Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer called and said I need to get my 07 CF8SP in for a ECU reflash. Something about too much heat at WFO for extended runs. Anyone else get this call?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Ya I just did mine yesterday at my dealer, I also received the letter from AC yesterday with the same request.

I will be taking my sled for a ride this week-end and I will see if I notice a difference or not........if there is a difference it better be a positive one.
I have read that the 08's are better than the 07's on performance and fuel consumption so I am hoping this flash will do the same for the 07's!

Apparently there will also be an update on the CCU shortly from AC.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Dear arctic Cat Snowmobile owner,

RE: 2007 M8,Crossfire 800, and F8 Models

Our records indicate that you are a registered owner of at least one of the effected snowmobiles listed above

It has been determined that under certain driving conditions such as operating at Wide-Open Throttle (WOT) or under heavy load over an extended period of time, the snowmobiles exhaust system temperature may reach an elevated level. In some cases, These conditions along with backfiring may cause distortion/discoloration to the side panal/belly pan area . In order to correct this condition, The production ECU must be programmed. The ECU is a computer controlled device that manages the engines systems.

Please make an appointment to take your snowmobile to an authorized arctic cat snowmobile dealer as soon as possible to have this very important service completed. The dealer will reprogram the ECU and get you back on the trail as quickly as possible. Once the ECU has been reprogrammed,the dealer will adhere a DECAL to the existing ECU showing the ECU has been updated.

This service work will be done at no charge to you. If you have sold the effected snowmobile,please complete and return the enclosed self-addressed card.

To ensure your full protection under the emission warranty on your engine by federal law,we recommend you have the above mentioned service done as soon as possible. If you do not have the ECU reprogrammed,ARCTIC CAT May consider this to be IMPROPER MAINTENANCE.

If you have any difficulty in obtaining service regarding this issue,call Arctic Cat at 1-800-279-6851

This is the fix for the flamethrowers. Been waiting a long time for this. Most riders did not have issues. Those that did, had big issues. Hoping that the mapping is similar to the 08 mapping.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stoney..........please update us about performance after the reflash.

Thank you!

·
Registered
464 Posts
My CF1000 is getting flashed now. The dealer was sent the programmer by CAT so they can do it in house.[/b]
What dealer is that!?

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
all of them

·
Registered
828 Posts
Stoney..........please update us about performance after the reflash.

Thank you![/b]

I will post my thoughts after this week-end......my riding will be all trail riding and no lake running unfortunately.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I will post my thoughts after this week-end......my riding will be all trail riding and no lake running unfortunately.[/b]
Mine did it real bad last winter.... This year, I have not noticed it as much even though I have not got the reflash update yet????? What is AC doing about the belly pan ? Mine has a hole the size of a walnut melted right through by the exhaust outlet in the ski well.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Mine did it real bad last winter.... This year, I have not noticed it as much even though I have not got the reflash update yet????? What is AC doing about the belly pan ? Mine has a hole the size of a walnut melted right through by the exhaust outlet in the ski well.[/b]
They will replace it under warrenty. I had the same problem last year. Dealer replaced the plastic. At the time the ECU update was not done.

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Spoke to my dealer today.............mine will be going in for re-flash in 2 weeks. They also advised me that there is a wiring harness that needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Haven't got my letter, yet, but my dealer looked up my s/n and its listed as needs an update. The only problem is the dealer needs to upgrade his shop computers first.

The only other bulletin I heard of was the servo cable clip, haven't heard anything about wiring harness or chassis control unit.....yet.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will post my thoughts after this week-end......my riding will be all trail riding and no lake running unfortunately.[/b]
Waiting for Stoneys reply before I decide to do this update.........

·
Registered
30 Posts
Had mine flashed yesterday.....took it for a short ride....seemed hesitate for a sec when I hit the throttle and now it backfires every time I start the sled......leaving for mtns in a few hrs..... see what happens.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I put on approx 70 miles yesterday, all trails miles so there were no long wide opens runs to see if the top end was any different.
The conditions were not the greatest, since the major thaw there was approx 6 to 10 inches of new snow on top of the hard base (where there was a base left over from the thaw)

The motor seems to idle down a bit slower once you come to a stop after riding hard on the trails.
The sled seems to pull slightly harder low to mid range and seemed to be even smoother from the low to mid range.
I am not sure about the fuel mileage, I was riding with my girlfriend who takes it slow and easy, she was riding my F7. Normally I ride with my Brother and Brother in law who both have F7's and when we all fill up after we have all been riding aggressively on the trails I usually use a litre or two less of gas than them.....when I topped up after my ride with the GF yesterday I put in 23 litres in the XF to fill it back up and 26 litres in the F7 to fill it back up again.
There does no seem to be any negative affect with the new Flash......that I could notice.

Prior to the flash my sled was fine no issues, it was very smooth and seemed to pull hard so I was surprised that it seemed even smoother.
I am curious to see if there is any change in the top end, last year I believe the sled would usually max out at 105 miles per hour.

So no complaints from me with the new flash.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I put on approx 70 miles yesterday, all trails miles so there were no long wide opens runs to see if the top end was any different.
The conditions were not the greatest, since the major thaw there was approx 6 to 10 inches of new snow on top of the hard base (where there was a base left over from the thaw)

The motor seems to idle down a bit slower once you come to a stop after riding hard on the trails.
The sled seems to pull slightly harder low to mid range and seemed to be even smoother from the low to mid range.
I am not sure about the fuel mileage, I was riding with my girlfriend who takes it slow and easy, she was riding my F7. Normally I ride with my Brother and Brother in law who both have F7's and when we all fill up after we have all been riding aggressively on the trails I usually use a litre or two less of gas than them.....when I topped up after my ride with the GF yesterday I put in 23 litres in the XF to fill it back up and 26 litres in the F7 to fill it back up again.
There does no seem to be any negative affect with the new Flash......that I could notice.

Prior to the flash my sled was fine no issues, it was very smooth and seemed to pull hard so I was surprised that it seemed even smoother.
I am curious to see if there is any change in the top end, last year I believe the sled would usually max out at 105 miles per hour.

So no complaints from me with the new flash.[/b]
Thank you Stoney.

·
Registered
254 Posts

So no complaints from me with the new flash.[/b]
Stoney,

Did you notice any other change in the idle? My sled if left to idle for too long will begin to foul a plug and when you go to take off again it takes a bit to clear it out and get running again.

My sled is at the dealer now waiting for it to get done.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Stoney,

Did you notice any other change in the idle? My sled if left to idle for too long will begin to foul a plug and when you go to take off again it takes a bit to clear it out and get running again.

My sled is at the dealer now waiting for it to get done.[/b]

My sled use to do that as well....bog once in a while and then clear up, I think/ thought that it may have something to do with the outside temps, not cold enough?

I can not say that I really noticed the bog on Saturday, but I will have to pay closer attention for it next time I go out......it was around -8 on Saturday, possibly colder.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I've got a question,on the 4 plug head are you guys noticing fouled plugs. I just changed the plugs on my buddys xfire800.They all looked like crap. I gapped them to .020" and tighten the belt. Seems to run better,but it definitely loads up at idle. The top end feels flat. This is totally stock.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've got a question,on the 4 plug head are you guys noticing fouled plugs. I just changed the plugs on my buddys xfire800.They all looked like crap. I gapped them to .020" and tighten the belt. Seems to run better,but it definitely loads up at idle. The top end feels flat. This is totally stock.[/b]
I have a x-fire 1000 and my father-in-law has the 800 and his top end seems flat too but I think the biggest problem is that the sled over revs in the 8000 range and I believe it needs to get down to 7600. Had the same problem with my 1000 but put some dalton adjustable weights in brought the rpms down to the power band and wow now I have something.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts