Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know some good settings for the suspension on the 07 IQ's. I read through the posts and tightened the front springs down one turn. Put the springs on LOW and loosened the front shock all the way till i could wiggle the spring and then tightened it till it wouldn't move anymore. Is that the proper way to set up that shock. I didn't want to loosen it all the way down the threads or is that what i am suppose to do? Any help would be great..........sled has power just need it to corner better with out me hanging off the sled all the time.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Does anybody know some good settings for the suspension on the 07 IQ's. I read through the posts and tightened the front springs down one turn. Put the springs on LOW and loosened the front shock all the way till i could wiggle the spring and then tightened it till it wouldn't move anymore. Is that the proper way to set up that shock. I didn't want to loosen it all the way down the threads or is that what i am suppose to do? Any help would be great..........sled has power just need it to corner better with out me hanging off the sled all the time.[/b]

You should actually make sure you jack up the sled at the bulk head to make sure the skis are completely extended when backing off spring tension. If you just lean the sled on the side, there will still be some tension on that ski because of the torsion bar and will give a false setting. There was a yamaha nytro guy on here(unchained) that said raising the front limiter strap on the rear skid eliminated the ski lift. Try this http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/inde...howtopic=295633

·
Premium Member
2,375 Posts
Does anybody know some good settings for the suspension on the 07 IQ's. I read through the posts and tightened the front springs down one turn. Put the springs on LOW and loosened the front shock all the way till i could wiggle the spring and then tightened it till it wouldn't move anymore. Is that the proper way to set up that shock. I didn't want to loosen it all the way down the threads or is that what i am suppose to do? Any help would be great..........sled has power just need it to corner better with out me hanging off the sled all the time.[/b]
What are you scissor stops at? You can make a lot of adjustments without having to mess with the limiter strap. Do you ride seated, mix or standing. And what do you like your handlebars at? Whats your weight also. These things would help give advice for set-up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ride seated when riding hard, but will pick my butt up off the seat some if i get to a rough section. I am 180 pounds. Scissor stops are at factory seatings. I haven't changed anything other than what i said previously. Never had to mess with suspensions much in my years of riding so i am learning yet.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I ride seated when riding hard, but will pick my butt up off the seat some if i get to a rough section. I am 180 pounds. Scissor stops are at factory seatings. I haven't changed anything other than what i said previously. Never had to mess with suspensions much in my years of riding so i am learning yet.[/b]
The scissor stops should solve your problems. Move the rear stop to the upper hole and set it to the tightest setting. Least amount of space between the block and the suspension bar. It will keep your ski's down however you may find the sled a less smooth on the bumps.

·
Premium Member
2,375 Posts
So move the rear limiter strap to the high position and put the Rear Rear Scissor Stop on High?[/b]
NO, try putting your RRSS to medium or High first. You could also tighten your front track shock to take some pressure off.
Put your FRSS to high and experiment with that first before you change your limiter strap. IMO
The dimple is high, the opposite of the dimple is medium and the other is low.
With my sled I found tightening the front track shock a turn or two and loosening the front skis a little along with RRSS on Med and FRSS on high is a good combo everyone is different and our sleds are a little different .

·
Registered
47 Posts
I may be wrong but scissor stop is more of an acceleration thing than ski lift in turns. i had the same problem and had my limiter strap shortened by one and my springs on my skis tightened up nearly all the way. skis stay down now, just make sure you check your rubber bumper on you shock shaft to see if you are using all your travel.

·
Registered
786 Posts
The stiffer the front springs are the less effective the anti roll (sway) bar is. Consider this in your setup.

·
Premium Member
‘21 Indy 600 SP 137 & 2015 RMK 155 LE
25,384 Posts
Are we talking about inside ski lift or both ski's lifting on accel in the corners here??
Two entirely different scenerio's with two entirely differnent set-up adjustments.

·
Premium Member
2,375 Posts
I may be wrong but scissor stop is more of an acceleration thing than ski lift in turns. i had the same problem and had my limiter strap shortened by one and my springs on my skis tightened up nearly all the way. skis stay down now, just make sure you check your rubber bumper on you shock shaft to see if you are using all your travel.[/b]
The scissor stops are weight transfer. There is a very good explanation in your manual about this. If you put your RRSS to high it will be less weight transfer and stay planted on corners. If you put you RRSS to low it will transfer like crazy but lift the skis. The factory setting is FRSS high (dimple) and the RRSS medium. I was told not mess with the FRSS and use the RRSS for adjustments. I messed with my settings all last year to get it to where I like it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It lifts the inside ski in the corners. I will move the limitor strap up one and try that for now. Seems like this is working for people.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
It lifts the inside ski in the corners. I will move the limitor strap up one and try that for now. Seems like this is working for people.[/b]

Turbo -

I, too, am new to the suspension set up thing and was thinking I needed to adjust my limiter strap - amongst other things. I put some C and A Razors on my Fuse 900 and it was turning REAL hard. Was also having trouble with ski lift.

Ended up just moving my rear scissor stops (dot forward) and lessened the pressure on spring pressure on my skis. Didn't touch my limiter strap yet - leaving that as a last resort. Rode over 200 miles yesterday and man was I happy! It a great balance for me - turns MUCH easier, rails the corners with no ski lift and rode great - even over the rough. The only thing I didn't "test" was lauching it on a big jump (I'm getting too old to be doing that anyway - on purpose!) and a flat out drag race. But if I want a little more weight transfer for that, I'll just simply set my scissor stops back.

Easy adjustments that really worked. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
‘21 Indy 600 SP 137 & 2015 RMK 155 LE
25,384 Posts
It lifts the inside ski in the corners. I will move the limitor strap up one and try that for now. Seems like this is working for people.[/b]
If all you are concerned with is inside ski lift in the corners just increase your
front ski spring pressure or install the Carl's Cycle larger front sway bar.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts