Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bet these skis are harder to turn .............wonder if you can use less carbide? :wtf:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Less than the 4" carbides they come with (or whatever cheesy carbides they put on)? Do they make anything less? If you're studding, you'll kill youself with anything less when you're on hardpack or ice (I have 8" Executives on mine already).

They changed the Rider Select this year to steer flatter (back instead of arm muscles), so if they are any harder to steer, you probably won't notice. At least the 06's might actually turn (unlike the 05's with stock skis, I had Simmons Flexis on my 05, and it worked fine).

I would like to look into getting some Pilot's (new Ski-Doo ski) for mine, getting good reviews, sounds like there will be off-brand mounting kits, and they are pretty cheap (Snow Goer said $99 CAD per ski). Gonna wait until I try the new Polaris ones, though.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,581 Posts
The 121" track IQ and the Switchback sleds have 4" 60 degree carbide on a single runner.

It looks like the M10 and Touring will have a similar ski with dual 4" 60 degree carbides on them.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
acquaintance of mine is a Poo engineer and absolutely loves these new skis. Says it's the first ski Poo's made that he won't immediately be junking in favor of some aftermarket boards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts