Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a 2006 skidoo rev 800 ho. I was told it was rebuilt 2 years ago and it sat for a year. It needs a choke and needs a battery I just bought a battery still need to get a choke. I checked compression and both cylinders are at 140 I put fresh gas and new spark plugs in it finally got it running and as soon as it started the engine light was blinking and oil light was on I know it needed oil but I still seen oil in reservoir and just needed to move the sled out of the way but shortly after moving it like 5 feet and idling for maybe 2 mins it shut off on its own and I went to start it and it started right up ran for about 10-15 seconds and shuts right off. I stopped messing with it for the day. Next day comes are I try starting it and it seems like it wants to turn over for a second but doesn’t fully start. Anyone have any ideas??

·
Registered
36 Posts
So I just bought a 2006 skidoo rev 800 ho. I was told it was rebuilt 2 years ago and it sat for a year. It needs a choke and needs a battery I just bought a battery still need to get a choke. I checked compression and both cylinders are at 140 I put fresh gas and new spark plugs in it finally got it running and as soon as it started the engine light was blinking and oil light was on I know it needed oil but I still seen oil in reservoir and just needed to move the sled out of the way but shortly after moving it like 5 feet and idling for maybe 2 mins it shut off on its own and I went to start it and it started right up ran for about 10-15 seconds and shuts right off. I stopped messing with it for the day. Next day comes are I try starting it and it seems like it wants to turn over for a second but doesn’t fully start. Anyone have any ideas??
Dess post and or chip in tether.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Also, check fuel pump/ clean it. Try spraying some carb cleaner (NOT STARTING FLUID) down each spark plug hole to try and prime the diaphragm in the fuel pump. Carb cleaner has a much lower flash point and won’t hurt a thing. If that doesn’t do the trick, try the fuel tank vent, see if it’s clogged.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dess post? and for the chip in the Teather would I just need a new teather? I did get it to run and move it before it started acting funny and flashing check engine and shuttinf off and now not starting at all.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Try wiggling the tether on the post. Sometimes they just come loose

It is an anti theft device it will not let you rev to over 3000 to engage the clutch. It will beep but I do not think it will shut the motor down.

Could be wrong, my wife has an 03 REV and if the tether is not seated properly thats what it does

1 - 5 of 5 Posts