Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the handle bars on my sabercat are out of whack. when the machine is running straight the handlebars are pointing to the right. I didn't hit anything that would cause something to bend.

anything i should look for? is it just as simple as loosening the bars and repositioning them on the steering post?

thanks

Stephen

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
You're going to want to take things a little farther than just "loosening the bars and repositioning them on the steering post". I don't think you can do that anyway.

First, you'll need to determine if your skis are aligned properly. Put them straight as possible and then measure the distance between the rear carbide bolt on each ski. Then measure the distance between the front carbide bolt on each ski. In a perfect world, the front measurement would be 10-15 mm longer so the skis would be toed out. Under no condition would you want the back measurement to be longer.

To adjust the ski alignment there are adjustable tie rods that connect to each ski and there's a long, adjustable rod under the hood.

If the skis are relatively "in line" with each other and toed out properly, then you should be able to adjust for just the bars being out of whack with the adjustment rod under the hood. You'll need to find a long straight edge that can be placed against the side side of the track and run all the way between the skis because the skis need to be aligned using the track as a reference point. (It's a good idea to make sure the track is aligned before doing the skis.) Then, put your bars straight and use the straight edge against the track as a measuring point (once again, from the carbide bolts to the straight edge) and adjust the rod(s) until the skis are straight and toed out correctly. It might take a little while and many measurements to get it right but you'll be glad you did it. I'll bet the sled handles better and darts less.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts