Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had this sled out for the first time. I put in 108 woody's signature series studs 1.175. The recommended size on the woody's web site is 1.375. Afer getting home i noticed the rear heat exchanger was shredded pretty bad. Not deep enough to cause any leaks, but enough to make me worry. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how i can correct it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just had this sled out for the first time. I put in 108 woody's signature series studs 1.175. The recommended size on the woody's web site is 1.375. Afer getting home i noticed the rear heat exchanger was shredded pretty bad. Not deep enough to cause any leaks, but enough to make me worry. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how i can correct it.[/b]

I had the same problem. Nothing was open and we wanted to ride so I took a old set of track slides cut 2 pieces a foot long and pop rivited them to the square tubing on both sides of the cooler. Never put another nick in the cooler in over 2500 miles. You can buy tunnel protecters but I found the old slides fit the square tubing just perfect and maintain the needed clearance to stop damage.

I put on the longer picks than you and I still am having no problems.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had the same problem. Nothing was open and we wanted to ride so I took a old set of track slides cut 2 pieces a foot long and pop rivited them to the square tubing on both sides of the cooler. Never put another nick in the cooler in over 2500 miles. You can buy tunnel protecters but I found the old slides fit the square tubing just perfect and maintain the needed clearance to stop damage.

I put on the longer picks than you and I still am having no problems.[/b]

One more thing make sure you set the track tension right away and again in a few hundred miles. picking a track breaks a lot of the track cords and you will find you track will stretch like nuts for the first few rides. After that the stretching will slow down.

Thats why I really hate to pick a track. It shortens track life to about 1/2 normal.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dborn, thanks for the idea i'll have to try that out. I didn't get time to look at it yet, but I plan to work on it this week sometime since all of our snow melted. I'll let you know how I make out. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts