Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I have an 06 GSX 500 SS that the temp light is coming on. The sled was purchased last Jan and only has 600 mi. on it. After about 2 miles of riding, the light comes on. Even in deep snow. It will go off if I let the sled cool, them comes on again after 2 miles or so.
The fluid level is good.
I had no problems last year, and everything worked well when I put it away for the summer. Is it possible something needs to be bled -or burped? Coolent does not seem to be leaking.
It's hard to believe something is broken. Considering the age and mileage.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance and Happy New Year.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hello all,
I have an 06 GSX 500 SS that the temp light is coming on. The sled was purchased last Jan and only has 600 mi. on it. After about 2 miles of riding, the light comes on. Even in deep snow. It will go off if I let the sled cool, them comes on again after 2 miles or so.
The fluid level is good.
I had no problems last year, and everything worked well when I put it away for the summer. Is it possible something needs to be bled -or burped? Coolent does not seem to be leaking.
It's hard to believe something is broken. Considering the age and mileage.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance and Happy New Year.[/b]
I have an 05 mxzx 800 and had it out Sunday and had to watch my temp gauge all day,it was running hot 1/2 to 3/4 on gauge.It seems when i ride in corn snow(icy snow) the snow didnt stick to the heat exchange.I had a 20 ft rooster tail and i still had to find deep snow to cool it down.With out the gauge, the light would have come on for sure.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Its the conditions! If your riding in Ma. theres not enough pow to cool the sled!

·
Registered
113 Posts
what is normal heat range on the guage for a 500 ss or a 600 sdi , i have a 05 600 sdi and i find the heat guage goes up and down alot.. it stays at or over 1/2 on the guage all day no matter what the conditions r ... none of my freinds with 600 sdi sleds have heat guages so i cannot compare.. i know i was out all day yesterday with a 04 800 X with a guage and a 05 mach z with a guage and they were always well below half everytime we stopped....... any help is appreciated!!! :hmm:

·
Registered
446 Posts
I know with my outboard there is an impeller that acts as a water pump, Im sure that there is something similar that may have failed

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Solved!
The lead from the temp light to the sensor on the head was loose at the head. Thank God! No major repairs!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts