Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 friends with 06 600ho fuses. Whats the deal on the front radiator? Have you guys removed them? Do the 600s need them? SLP claims a 7,2lbs weight loss by takeing it out. Hmmmm, 7.2 lbs over top of the ski,s heavey steering that baby is out of there. :Wow1:

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
i guess it depends on the amount of snow you are running in(or lack there of haha!!) i haven't seen anyone in our area take one out but i guess it can be done.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i guess it depends on the amount of snow you are running in(or lack there of haha!!) i haven't seen anyone in our area take one out but i guess it can be done.[/b]
Yea, slp has a kit to eliminate it for 20.95. I guess i dont understand the cover over top of it. Are you supposed to remove it or does air pass through it? And as far as the snow thing goes :flush: F n weather!

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Leave the radiator in place...the sled runs hot without it...trust me, I tried. Sled would run 160 cruising down the trail, and 135 with it in. The weight loss is insignificant. Deep powder riding, it would be ok to go without, but for a trail sled, leave it in.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Leave the radiator in place...the sled runs hot without it...trust me, I tried. Sled would run 160 cruising down the trail, and 135 with it in. The weight loss is insignificant. Deep powder riding, it would be ok to go without, but for a trail sled, leave it in.[/b]
Polarisnut, Thanks for the info, i will leave well enough alone. :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I thought about removing mine but did not. I was running at 120 - 125. I put a piece of cardboard in front of it. That way I can get it up to 140 (better performance I find) and if I want/need it cooler I just remove the cardboard. Keep an eye on the gauge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts