Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 40 mile on my new 06 f7 and my brake disc chewed 2 long holes thru the bottom panel of my sled. Anyone else have this happen?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes... Same thing happened to my sled... I think the belly pan gets pushed up into the rotor at times.... Dont know why... My sled was good untill 800 miles or so, now 1100 on it - with the hole... Doesnt bother me as much as the tunnel leaking water and freezing onto the running boards... Oh well is an Arctic Cat...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just called dealer and thought it might have been the combination of warm sled and forking the sled on my truck. They are going to replace it for free. Thanks houlton cat!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes... Same thing happened to my sled... I think the belly pan gets pushed up into the rotor at times.... Dont know why... My sled was good untill 800 miles or so, now 1100 on it - with the hole... Doesnt bother me as much as the tunnel leaking water and freezing onto the running boards... Oh well is an Arctic Cat...[/b]

Maybe your sled was at the bottom of a lake, and with all the time it has been spending in the garage it has begun to thaw out causing the water to seep to your running boards....Better get back ridin soon! lol jk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just called dealer and thought it might have been the combination of warm sled and forking the sled on my truck. They are going to replace it for free. Thanks houlton cat![/b]
What does that mean??? Forking the sled on your truck?? Warm sled?? Dont understand that, awesome they are replacing it.. Wish we had a decent dealer in the area like that....

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Doesnt bother me as much as the tunnel leaking water and freezing onto the running boards... Oh well is an Arctic Cat...[/b]

That's an easy fix. Take the seat off and silicon up the holes/seems.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What does that mean??? Forking the sled on your truck?? Warm sled?? Dont understand that, awesome they are replacing it.. Wish we had a decent dealer in the area like that....[/b]
Dealer thought the sled might have been warm (sled had been running) causing the plastic to soften up some when they used the forklift to put the sled on my truck.

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Yes... Same thing happened to my sled... I think the belly pan gets pushed up into the rotor at times.... Dont know why... My sled was good untill 800 miles or so, now 1100 on it - with the hole... Doesnt bother me as much as the tunnel leaking water and freezing onto the running boards... Oh well is an Arctic Cat...[/b]
Take the seat off and seal it up. A little RTV & 10 min. time, problem solved.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Thats exactly what happens - Even guys with sled lifts - Depending upon were the lift is positioned , it will put pressure right under that brake disc bending the plastic

Guys fire them up on the sled lift for maintenance , and guess what , bye bye plastic

Dealers are always moving sleds with forklifts - Same thing

Scott

1 - 10 of 10 Posts