Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a new leftover 06 F7 SP carb for 5500 OTD. Is this a good buy?? Any changes you would make from stock??

Thanks

·
Registered
353 Posts
I found a new leftover 06 F7 SP carb for 5500 OTD. Is this a good buy?? Any changes you would make from stock??

Thanks[/b]
That's a great buy if you're a carb guy.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really not sure if I should get the EFI or Carb. EFI would cost me 500 extra. I am riding in michigan so its pretty flat at around 700 ft above see level. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Add a HOLTZMAN tempa flow to the carb, and you'll have temperature compesation when theres huge temp swings, and you won't have to change any jets once its dialed in. Will be just as fast, if not faster then the efi's, and use less gas then efi to boot.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Really not sure if I should get the EFI or Carb. EFI would cost me 500 extra. I am riding in michigan so its pretty flat at around 700 ft above see level. What do you guys think?[/b]
if you can still get an efi snopro new for around 6 grand don't hesitate buy it. efi is the only way to go its worth the extra money. i've owned carbed machines in the past and will never again after having efi.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Get the EFI for sure - it's still a really good deal.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the advice guys! I think I will pick up the efi, this is just going to be a stocker trail sled for me. I will let my 1000 imp handle the lake racing. However, the carb model is the sno pro and the efi is just a standard, would this make a difference in your decision?? I am just trial riding, not jumping houses:)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys! I think I will pick up the efi, this is just going to be a stocker trail sled for me. I will let my 1000 imp handle the lake racing. However, the carb model is the sno pro and the efi is just a standard, would this make a difference in your decision?? I am just trial riding, not jumping houses:)[/b]
If you're just trail riding you dont want the SnoPro - you don't need it. If all you want is to trail ride - in all honesty, you don't even need a 700. If you are going to striclty trail ride 80% of the time, you can get away with an F5, or F6. My buddy ditchbangs the crap out of his F7 but the minute we go out trail riding in a group for the day - he puts the F7 away and takes out his F5 for the trails.

Having said all that, you got a good price there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts