Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its only 1100 dollars for a 07 chassis with steering hoop.

are the 07 a-arms stronger then the 06 a-arms?

I'm considering this because I want the strength of the 07 and I'm not going to be able to sell my Iq for any decent price.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
its only 1100 dollars for a 07 chassis with steering hoop.[/b]
If this price is for a rolling chassis, grab that while you still can.

are the 07 a-arms stronger then the 06 a-arms?[/b]
I believe the only difference between the a-arms themselves is the 07's are longer, I could be wrong though.

I'm considering this because I want the strength of the 07 and I'm not going to be able to sell my Iq for any decent price.
thanks in advance[/b]
Im guessing you must have damaged your current chassis? If so, and you don't midn doing a bit of work, go through with this. The 07' is definatly a stronger, better handling chassis.

·
Registered
887 Posts
what all does it include for $1100? the 07s are more reinforced then the 06. The main difference is the spindles are I believe 7/8 of an inch shorter and the a-arms are slightly longer. I am sure $1100 isnt a rolling chassis, I probably wouldnt. The strength difference isnt worth the work, imho there are much easier ways to reinforce your 06. and for a few hundy you can get shorter spindles for the better handling. I rode the 06 and 07 back to back today quite a bit and the 07 isn't that much less tippy, it definately is more stable but it still sits up there pretty good.

EDIT: throw all that out the window if your current chassis is heavily damaged...

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it said chassis assembly including steering hoop. now im not 100 % sure if the includes the footrests and tunnel grips but that could easily be swapped out. the only thing that could be different is the rear suspension mounting places.

also i have considered upgrading my 06. it mainly the bulkhead area the sealed box upfront that is different from the 07.

i plan on dropping a big block in it in the summer.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Rear suspension mounting will be in the same spot. If it were me, I'd save the $1100 and do the support upgrades to the 06.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I'm sorry but it makes no sense to me why you want to completely tear down your perfectly good 06 and replace the chassis. And it sure seems like you should be able to sell your 06 and buy an 07 for less of a difference then $1100 if you really want it, then you will get alot more benefits too for a lot less work. but why not just do the structural upgrades and call it good?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm sorry but it makes no sense to me why you want to completely tear down your perfectly good 06 and replace the chassis. And it sure seems like you should be able to sell your 06 and buy an 07 for less of a difference then $1100 if you really want it, then you will get alot more benefits too for a lot less work. but why not just do the structural upgrades and call it good?[/b]
yeah it doesnt make much sense.

im gonna wait the winter out.

whats the part # for for the 05 brace for the rear lower a-arm brackets? to tie them together. its not in the polaris tips anymore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts