Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's early to be asking this, but if anyone's brought their new 900 home yet, have you noticed a lot of vibration? This is something that should be rather easy to feel by sitting on the machine and revving it up to clutch engagement. On the '05, you could feel the buzzing in your feet. Wondering if the '06 feels the same.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Big twin, no counterbalancer= vibration. I'm sure the '06 will be a little more tamed than the '05 without the updates.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
they are still going to vibrate.........just not as bad as a 05..........the vibration is a lot less noticable when you are riding the machine not watching it idle in your garage...............don't worry....................all sleds vibrate ..............to me this was a non issue last year................... :beerchug:

·
Registered
44 Posts
They have reduced vibration - and I've read that if you put a SLP can on it will reduce it even more, since they use springs and not bolts to attach the can.

Also people stated that once its broke in, it wont vibrate as much as when new. So I guess it wouldnt be an issue with vibration.

I am buying the 900 RMK 2006, and even if it vibrate I wouldnt mind - it's a longstroke 900 twin, so it's gonna vibrate which I kinda like the thought of - it'll just remind me I got a nice 866cc twin under the hood :)

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Originally posted by iggu@Oct 8 2005, 12:09 PM
They have reduced vibration - and I've read that if you put a SLP can on it will reduce it even more, since they use springs and not bolts to attach the can.

Also people stated that once its broke in, it wont vibrate as much as when new. So I guess it wouldnt be an issue with vibration.

I am buying the 900 RMK 2006, and even if it vibrate I wouldnt mind - it's a longstroke 900 twin, so it's gonna vibrate which I kinda like the thought of - it'll just remind me I got a nice 866cc twin under the hood :)
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=916287
[/quote]

see you guys IGGU has the right attitude.........who cares if it vibrates , all sleds vibrate

·
Registered
26 Posts
I picked up my 900 this week. It dosen't vibrate much more that any other sled I've riden at idle, but it does have a pretty noticible resonance between 2000 and 3000 RPM.

Something else I noticed was that it came with dual skags installed. I thought all the '06's were supposed to come with singles with the option of duals. The guy that was working at the dealership didn't know why it had duals either. The one in their showroom only had singles. I'm not sure I like the idea of having duals on it after riding a few sleds last year with duals. Oh well, I guess I'll try 'em out before I decide I don't like 'em.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Originally posted by TeamBeavis@Oct 8 2005, 09:33 PM
I picked up my 900 this week.  It dosen't vibrate much more that any other sled I've riden at idle, but it does have a pretty noticible resonance between 2000 and 3000 RPM.

Something else I noticed was that it came with dual skags installed.  I thought all the '06's were supposed to come with singles with the option of duals.  The guy that was working at the dealership didn't know why it had duals either.  The one in their showroom only had singles.  I'm not sure I like the idea of having duals on it after riding a few sleds last year with duals.  Oh well, I guess I'll try 'em out before I decide I don't like 'em.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=917196
[/quote]

Mine came with single skags... I can't remember if it was an option on the 9, if it was I certainly wasn't interested enough to remember.... Did you get an M-10 rear suspension?

Vid clip is small and grainy... But, I hardly notice any vibration.

The paint shaker????

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Originally posted by TeamBeavis@Oct 8 2005, 10:33 PM
I picked up my 900 this week.  It dosen't vibrate much more that any other sled I've riden at idle, but it does have a pretty noticible resonance between 2000 and 3000 RPM.

Something else I noticed was that it came with dual skags installed.  I thought all the '06's were supposed to come with singles with the option of duals.  The guy that was working at the dealership didn't know why it had duals either.  The one in their showroom only had singles.  I'm not sure I like the idea of having duals on it after riding a few sleds last year with duals.  Oh well, I guess I'll try 'em out before I decide I don't like 'em.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=917196
[/quote]

you must have the m-10..........my buds 600ho m-10 came w/duals.........my 900 standard susp. came w/ a single..........all m-10s have duals..........

·
Registered
709 Posts
Picked up mine yesterday...Fit and Finish is great!
At idle it seems to vibrate less than my 05...and my 05 had very little vibration. Did anyone else notice that the steering post kicks off to the side this year instead of going straight down? There seems to be a whole whack of changes.

Here are a few pics...

[attachment=102769:attachment]
[attachment=102768:attachment]
[attachment=102770:attachment]
[attachment=102771:attachment]

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes, mine is an M-10. I was unaware of any difference with the # of skags when choosing the suspension. Perhaps an undocumented SnowCheck feature.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Originally posted by TeamBeavis@Oct 9 2005, 10:46 PM
Yes, mine is an M-10.  I was unaware of any difference with the # of skags when choosing the suspension.  Perhaps an undocumented SnowCheck feature.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=919012
[/quote]

Been that way for awhile... I think every factory installed M-10 has come with dual skags.

I'll go out on a limb here and suggest Polaris does this because guys that order an M-10 want a plush ride over performance...

·
Registered
728 Posts
Originally posted by fyoushun@Oct 8 2005, 11:02 PM
Mine came with single skags... I can't remember if it was an option on the 9, if it was I certainly wasn't interested enough to remember.... Did you get an M-10 rear suspension?

Vid clip is small and grainy... But, I hardly notice any vibration.

The paint shaker????
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=917343
[/quote]

Diddent look like any vibration at all, engine has a different kind of rumble to it :no_bashing:
nice sled though!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts