Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bone stock 06 900 that I bought new as a leftover in 08. I'm in Md and for the most part, don't get any riding time unless I take a trip. I have about 4,000 miles on it. Two trips to Maine, 1,000 each week and the rest in Pa a couple hundred at a time. Due to health and lack of snow, I haven't ridden in a couple years. i think this may be my problem. I start the sled every couple months and have plenty of Stabil in it, but I think it may have finally caught up to me. I started it recently and its only running on one cylinder. It won't hardly rev and plenty of smoke.
I siphoned the old gas out and added fresh. Pulled the plugs. One looks normal, the other just slightly oily. Replaced with new NGK and tried again. No change. One plug looks normal, the other(clutch side) only slightly wet with oil. Appears no gas. Started again and checked exhaust, clutch side is def cold compared to other side.
So, that's my story. How can I pinpoint this to a clogged injector? Do I really have to pull the engine to get them out?

·
Premium Member
9,003 Posts
You will have to take the injectors out and have them flow tested. I haven't ever taken out a set on the Fusions, but I wouldn't think the engine would have to come out. If you can get at the fuel rail you should be able to see the injectors and get them out.
But if you can get it going, have the track raised on a stand and give it a good amount of throttle and Braaap it a few good times, taking it up to like 6500 rpms. This may clear up some unburned fuel and that may also be the problem.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will it hurt to let idle and bring up to temp without gas in the one cylinder?
It may be 10yr old BS but i read back then to let the engine warm to at least 120 degrees before hammering it. I've tried to do this every time.

·
Premium Member
9,003 Posts
So you're sure there's no gas on the plug its just oil?
Sounds like a bad injector and also Have a look at the plug wires make sure they are secure and on the inside that the metal cap isn't bent and also make sure there's no carbon buildup inside the plug cap.
I would also say do a compression test, you never know, it may have been getting weak just at the time you shut it down and parked it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right, no gas at all. Maybe it evaporated that fast, but I shut it off, pulled the plug and used a lighter on it and it didn't appear to burn any.
So, I tried one more time. Let it idle till about 100 degrees and blimped it a couple times. It did sound different. Hit it 3 or 4 more times and it started sounding better. Checked the exhaust pipe with my IR thermometer and the temps are more equal now. I think it fixed itself! Time will tell I guess.
Thanks OutKast!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts