Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my 06 iq, what is a good gear ratio for just running up and down the ditch's. i have to low comp heads on the motor and the sled had 19-45 ratio from factory which is wicked low. i have tried a 21-41 and 23-39 which neither seemed too bad. does anybody have any good idea's. second, how long of a run do you dare gold these thing's open without having trouble's. i have seen some topic's with waterpump drive gear issue. i don't want it geared high and i don't want it geared real low. i am trying to find a happy medium. i do no trail riding with this machine, it will mostly be ditch bangin. i weigh in at about 220 pounds. i tried a 25-40 gear just because i have them laying around from my 800, i it will not pull that gear at all. thank's for any info!

·
Registered
383 Posts
For ditchbanging only I'd leave it 19-45. It gives ya the low and mid range snort needed for launching etc. ( you don't need top end for ditchbanging) Otherwise 22-43 was a great combo on my 01 440 prox, still decent out of the hole and would run between 90 and 95 in the right conditions. It all comes down to what your preference is. Good luck.

·
Registered
268 Posts
try 23-39 i like it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts