Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JUST INSTALLED A AC WATER TEMP GUAGE VERY EASY INSTALL MY QUESTION IS WHAT TEPMERTURE SHOULD MY SLED RUN ON AVERAGE WAS OUT FOR 4 HRS ON THE TRAILS TODAY RUNNING ABOUT 60-80 MPH AND THE GUAGE READ ABOUT 120-125 F IS THAT ABOUT RIGHT WHAT TEMP ARE YOU GUYS SLEDS RUNNING???????

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have an A/C temp gauge on my 03 ZR900 and it runs in the 120-125 degree range also,it came with the sled and i have to admit it's pretty handy
especially if you run across a frozen lake with little snow,you'll be surprised at how fast the temp rises... At least now you have an idea !

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
My '04 runs at about 115 on the gauge. I spliced the sending unit in the hose that comes off of the 'stat housing about 3" below where the hose makes the bend toward the bulkhead. snap

·
Registered
406 Posts
Snappydave is right,where it comes out of the t-stat from the top of the engine,just after it makes the 90 on the chaincase side the t fitting splices in there.

·
Banned
8,664 Posts
anyone have a picture of the gauge? I had one in a previous sled, i thought it was nice to have, but it didn't have numbers on it.

also a part number for the whole kit?

·
Registered
472 Posts
anyone have a picture of the gauge? I had one in a previous sled, i thought it was nice to have, but it didn't have numbers on it.

also a part number for the whole kit?[/b]
If you want pics of the gauge and the whole installation,PM me and i will gladly e-mail you as i don't know how to post pics on this site

·
Registered
99 Posts
on my 440 it ran about 115ish unless i got into real low snow conditions..that was with my autometer mechanical gauge..tomorrow im going to put in my autometer digital 0-300f electronic gauge..ill post how i made it work with the electrical and all that once im done including the ac-dc rectifier and all the intsal pics and such

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
The guys at Nordskog made up an AC/DC converter for me. Just pulled 12v AC from accessory plug to converter then DC from converter to gauge. Works sweet and has saved my bacon twice now!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
danno im doing the same thing with the autometer gauge but i ordered a ac-dc converter though work from newark.i know it will be alot better then the mechanical gauge.cant wait to get it and my motor back.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Freezer,
It works great, saved my azz a couple of times. That idiot light just doesn't seem to cut it!!

Danno

1 - 20 of 20 Posts