Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brand new 05 xc600 in the garage right now. Is their any stpuid little things that need to be tightend up or re routed that wasnt done properly at the factory? thanks Greg.

·
Registered
43,867 Posts
Put a 1.25'' track with 96 studs down the middle on it if it hasn't got one...you won't regret it. I've had a new 600XCSP nearly every year till I snowchecked a 50th model last year....the sled is a riot ...its so much more fun to ride with the deeper lug track and better shock package than those standard XC models.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Too slow,

Are the studs really needed with a 1.25" track?

I plan on replacing the stock .91 track with a 1.25 upgrade. I plan on chit-canning that POS rear shock also and throw in a clicker.....

Other then these upgrades, Some clutch work and some leaning out of the motor these sleds handle unbelievable when dialed in. Mine runs on rails and sometimes I gotta ask myself who's driving?

Me or the sled.

Had a friend with a "Firechicken6" thought he was da man on the trails. My 05 600 cured him of that problem. :boxing: The sled handles that good.......

Other then too much trackspin', I have zero complaints with it. The motor is a horse for a 600!

Kidd

·
Registered
491 Posts
Re-reading my post I guess I shoulda snowchecked one........LOL!

I can't get a feel for the Fusions.....Just don't like them!

Kidd!

·
Registered
20,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kidd rock if you ride in snow then studs wont really make a difference. Here in MI the cornors get chewed down to the ice base very quickly and it becomes a safty hazard not running studs. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
43,867 Posts
Originally posted by Kidd Rock@Sep 18 2005, 02:33 PM
Too slow,

Are the studs really needed with a 1.25" track?

I plan on replacing the stock .91 track with a 1.25 upgrade. I plan on chit-canning that POS rear shock also and throw in a clicker.....

Other then these upgrades, Some clutch work and some leaning out of the motor these sleds handle unbelievable when dialed in. Mine runs on rails and sometimes I gotta ask myself who's driving?

Me or the sled.

Had a friend with a "Firechicken6" thought he was da man on the trails. My 05 600 cured him of that problem.  :boxing:  The sled handles that good.......

Other then too much trackspin', I have zero complaints with it. The motor is a horse for a 600!

Kidd
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=880421
[/quote]
Imo you need a minimum number of studs for safety, and control on icy corners and intersections....its just good common sense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts