Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my 05 Fusion into the dealer's this week for the updates. It was done in a day. When I picked it up I got a copy of a work order with only part numbers on it and no discription of the work. I picked the sled up after 6 and the kid at the counter didn't know anything. Can someone tell me what these update numbers are and what the total number of updates for the Fusion are.

2203123, 2203097, 4010589, 2203073

There are now 7 update stickers on my airbox but some of the numbers are unreadable. I did receive the new belt as well.

I assume one of thoughs part numbers is the new motor mount kit cause the clutch is screaming on the belt at idle. I figure they didn't align the clutches right. Anyone have another idea?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The belt scream is because the compound of the new belt is so soft. Mine does the same thing, but the tech said once it gets broken in the squeal will go away.

·
Registered
3 Posts
the updates should have a bulletin # the numbers you have are part numbers for the spindle update, fuel system upgrade, oil line mounting and the service stop update did they replace your feul tank? belt may be tight check your deflection Bill

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by polarisperf_17@Oct 3 2005, 11:09 AM
the updates should have a bulletin # the numbers you have are part numbers for the spindle update, fuel system upgrade, oil line mounting and the service stop update did they replace your feul tank? belt may be tight check your deflection Bill
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=905409
[/quote]

My tank was already replaced last year because it colapsed. The part numbers are all I was given.

I haven't been pleased with this dealer since day one. They are always vague with the answers to any of my complaints and I get more info on updates here than they ever know about. I think I'll take it to another dealer to have everything checked again. I wanted to have some other work done (like check my track tension and have sliders repaced, also looking at new skis).

What is the service stop update? And can I then assume there were no new motor mounts installed? I thought thats what I was taking it in for.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Originally posted by BlackStar@Oct 3 2005, 12:32 PM
My tank was already replaced last year because it colapsed. The part numbers are all I was given.

I haven't been pleased with this dealer since day one. They are always vague with the answers to any of my complaints and I get more info on updates here than they ever know about. I think I'll take it to another dealer to have everything checked again. I wanted to have some other work done (like check my track tension and have sliders repaced, also looking at new skis).

What is the service stop update? And can I then assume there were no new motor mounts installed? I thought thats what I was taking it in for.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=905530
[/quote]
The fact that some "kid" delt with you and either the mechanic or the owner didn't go over the updates tells me your Dealer is a real dud, let the rest of us know so we can avoid him, Thanks.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,145 Posts
Originally posted by BlackStar@Oct 2 2005, 10:07 PM
I had my 05 Fusion into the dealer's this week for the updates. It was done in a day. When I picked it up I got a copy of a work order with only part numbers on it and no discription of the work. I picked the sled up after 6 and the kid at the counter didn't know anything. Can someone tell me what these update numbers are and what the total number of updates for the Fusion are.

2203123, 2203097, 4010589, 2203073

There are now 7 update stickers on my airbox but some of the numbers are unreadable. I did receive the new belt as well.

I assume one of thoughs part numbers is the new motor mount kit cause the clutch is screaming on the belt at idle. I figure they didn't align the clutches right. Anyone have another idea?

Thanks in advance.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=904855
[/quote]

Look at the sleds left rear engine mount next to the primary clutch.
If it has a large thick plated washer sandwiched on top of it, under the head of the motor mount bolt, it has the engine mount update kit done on it.

That update is REQUIRED before they do the install of the 3211111 Super cog belt. They are also supposed to check and adjust drive belt tension after installing and running the new belt. It sound as if that was not done properly.

You still should have had the fuel system update done, becaus additional mounting brackets, tank protection and a new fuel pump mounting gasket are all needed, even if your tank is okay.

The 2203073 referred to the safety recall Handlebar Wiring Harness kit that is basically an extender and rerouting under the handlebar pad to prevent the engine stop switch and the throttle safety switch connectors from getting stretched and possibly disconnecting. This is mostly likely in Rider Select postion 7 (most upright) and handlebars turned fully right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts