Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
talked to the dealer today and we are getting the new belt. the cogs on the outside are just as deep as the inside and it feels really soft. also probably will get a new gas tank. my dealer said they updated one and the steering hoop wore almost all the way through the gas tank

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i talked to the service manager and he said defintely no flash. couldnt make it better without sacrificing reliability. asked about the new belt the guy from pol told him that they rode it on a wood chip track for 80 miles in 80 deg heat and it lasted. hope its good. hope the free one lasts cause i wouldnt want to be payin 150 for a belt. but belts lasted fine on mine though

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Originally posted by RedFusion900@Sep 13 2005, 12:34 PM
I got my 05 updated in April...to an 06!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=872747
[/quote]
Updated to what?? the same vibration with two more injectors?You lost more money if anything and a person with an 05 has less monet into it and more money for mods.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Originally posted by Pol900@Sep 13 2005, 05:14 PM
Updated to what?? the same vibration with two more injectors?You lost more money if anything and a person with an 05 has less monet into it and more money for mods.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=873402
[/quote]

It goes a little more beyond the duel injectors.

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
If you have an 05 fusion, its not if you lost money, its how much you where willing to loose to get rid of the headaches. Its hard to believe how die hard some of the poo guys are, after having an 05 fusion, I can't imagine ever buying another...

Krom

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Krom did you own a Fusion?? I know your always on this side cutting down Polaris at every chance you have. Second not everyone had headaches with thiers and it's not being a die hard. If mine would have gave me as much problems as some I wouldn't be back on a Fusion I'd be looking elsewhere. but with all sleds there are gonna be problems, just hope you get a good one. Mine runs great gets good mpg and hauls ass. I'll put on another 4K this year then maybe think about a new one.
All I was saying is that you get an extra 3hp with the 06-maybe, and they changed the front spindles for better durability,besides that you will be getting the same sled as an 05 with different colors.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Its not any different than the cat guys with a 03 firecat trading for a 04. :augen41:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Originally posted by Pol900@Sep 14 2005, 04:45 AM
Krom ... I know your always on this side cutting down Polaris at every chance you have. ...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=874144
[/quote]

The best thing to do with KROM is ignore. He spends virtually all of his productive time on the 'Cat pages. His contributions to Poo page are to troll and flame.

we all have much better things to do & discuss than this malcontent!

·
Registered
149 Posts
When I dropped mine off at the dealership they had a page of things to check, on top of the recalls I got a notice for. I haven't had one problem with the sled and love it. I'm considering the RKT cheater heads and an EPI clutch kit. The sled screams from corner to corner. It was exactly what I wanted to buy when I was in the market for a new one.

I'm praying for an early start and a late end to this winter.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by IQRider@Sep 14 2005, 11:19 AM
When I dropped mine off at the dealership they had a page of things to check, on top of the recalls I got a notice for. I haven't had one problem with the sled and love it. I'm considering the RKT cheater heads and an EPI clutch kit. The sled screams from corner to corner. It was exactly what I wanted to buy when I was in the market for a new one.

I'm praying for an early start and a late end to this winter.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=874523
[/quote]
get the clutch kit it works good if u had any belt probs it will pretty muck take care of them. had it in mine for 1300 miles last year. i am also thinking about the rtk head but the full billet one. also o ordere a slp torque arm and a push arm the motor shouldnt be movin around any more!!!!! :div20:the way it sound is the head is a big improvement too stock design is very bad according to rkt. was reading about it on snowest

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
149 Posts
Looks like I am going to have to put the torque arm and push arm on the shopping list also. For $150 that's a deal IMO.

How much did you get the clutch kit for?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Originally posted by Pol900@Sep 13 2005, 07:14 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=873402
[/quote]
It was a joke...although I don't blame you for being sensitive...I had an 05, too, and wasn't a happy camper when I did...although vibration wasn't a problem for me...just fuel economy

·
Registered
350 Posts
Originally posted by Pol900@Sep 14 2005, 05:45 AM
Krom did you own a Fusion?? I know your always on this side cutting down Polaris at every chance you have. Second not everyone had headaches with thiers and it's not being a die hard. If mine would have gave me as much problems as some I wouldn't be back on a Fusion I'd be looking elsewhere. but with all sleds there are gonna be problems, just hope you get a good one. Mine runs great gets good mpg and hauls ass. I'll put on another 4K this year then maybe think about a new one.
All I was saying is that you get an extra 3hp with the 06-maybe, and they changed the front spindles for better durability,besides that you will be getting the same sled as an 05 with different colors.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=874144
[/quote]
The 06 has:

- improved injector system to increase gas mileage and maybe a bit of horsepower
- lowered jackshaft 3" to improve belt pull angle, improving clutch alignment and belt life
- improved spindles to increase durability
- modified spindle caster to improve handling
- improved Rider Select to flatten steering motion
- increased rear travel (2")
- new rear suspension mounting angle to improve handling
- a few cosmetic things

All of which may be meaningless to you if you love your 05, but the '06 ain't no '05.

As for hoping you get a good one, the odds of getting a good one should have been better than they were for the 05 Fusion...maybe I'll start a poll to see how many people got a good one.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by IQRider@Sep 15 2005, 05:53 AM
Looks like I am going to have to put the torque arm and push arm on the shopping list also. For $150 that's a deal IMO.

How much did you get the clutch kit for?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=875783
[/quote]
i paid around 225 and my dealer instaleed it for free because he wanted me to try it. i think they list for around 285

·
Registered
659 Posts
Who makes the Fusion specific torque arms and push arms ?? Any part numbers ??

Jeff

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 21 Posts