Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 05 trail converted 440, I added a heat exchanger on the airbox. When I run the sled in the garage after I have added cooling to the bottle. I come back to it like a couple hours later and I have coolent all over the floor. I can run the sled on a stand, I have no suspension in it. Is the cooling coming out of the over flow line from the bottle or do I have a hole in bulk head heat exchanger? I haven't looked for a hole there yet. Coolent is on the clutch side of the sled on the floor. Any info, thank you.
Tony

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry typo I can not run the sled on a stand! No rear suspension.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sorry typo I can not run the sled on a stand! No rear suspension.[/b]
i would pull the coolant bottle i had a crack in mine causing mine to suck in air when running causing a over heat condition and it would leak lightly when cooled down. just something i ran into hope it helps

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
put the rear suspension back in it and start it up. with a flash light look for coolant leakes. you could also pull the belly pans off so you can really get a good look inside there if you cant easily find it

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Figured it out tonight. When I switched the hose on the top of the mototr where the fitting comes out of the top of the head. The plastic threaded fitting was lose and was leaking out the cooling. Just took pipe off and the small fitting above it, put lock tight on it and tighten it up. Of course when putting exhaust springs on pliers had to slip off and get a big knuckle buster across the steering assembly.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I had to replace my bottle, small hole in it. Man that got annoying looking for that leak. Thank god for my buddy having a ZR900 sitting near buy and had the same bottle. Left couple hours later on a trip. Tony, use a rope on those springs. Much Much eaisier on your hands and easier to get off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts