Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yes the snow flap has to come off but instead of rivets i put stainless steel bolts with nylon nuts much easier unless you have a long neck pot rivet gun . Then you have to cut the square opening a little it makes it alot easyier. the old ones should be crimped buy the fins on the exchange just pull aprt and slide out old then install new the crinp ends install flap and done about an hour time . I didn't have to remove the seat i have a 2005 mxz 500ss good luck

Thanks[/b]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes the snow flap has to come off but instead of rivets i put stainless steel bolts with nylon nuts much easier unless you have a long neck pot rivet gun . Then you have to cut the square opening a little it makes it alot easyier. the old ones should be crimped buy the fins on the exchange just pull aprt and slide out old then install new the crinp ends install flap and done about an hour time . I didn't have to remove the seat i have a 2005 mxz 500ss good luck[/b]
Ah yes that makes much more sense thanks a ton

·
Registered
105 Posts
How do i install the tunnel protectors do i have to take off the sno flap and re rivet it back on?[/b]
What size track are you running(1 or 1 1/4).The reason i asked is when i got my 05 mxzx 800, the dealer put on tunnel protectors and i worked fine on doo track 1 1/4. When i put on the new rip saw 1 1/4 track when hitting hard bumps it would compress track and the outside studs would hit the tunnel.Had to replace 1/2 wide tunnel protectors to 1 wide protectors .I'm running with Woodys 1.325

·
Registered
402 Posts
What size track are you running(1 or 1 1/4).The reason i asked is when i got my 05 mxzx 800, the dealer put on tunnel protectors and i worked fine on doo track 1 1/4. When i put on the new rip saw 1 1/4 track when hitting hard bumps it would compress track and the outside studs would hit the tunnel.Had to replace 1/2 wide tunnel protectors to 1 wide protectors .I'm running with Woodys 1.325[/b]

Remove the flap, may need to elongate the square holes for sliding the tunnel protectors through, make sure to get the right size protectors for the studs you are running. DO NOT REMOVE THE SEAT there is no need. Should be a 15 minute job.

·
Registered
446 Posts
remove snow flap, widen holes to be flush with the flat part of the tunnel (the part you sit on) install taller protectors, dont forget the front kit if your machine didnt come with it, mine didnt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts