Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read through a lot of topics on clutching in the past three days because I am getting ready to place a order for a new helix and spring for the secondary at least. I know little about clutching but learning as I go. I want a straight setup. I want something with great upshift and backshift that goes form 0-100 like a rocket. Plain and simple. This is what I have so far.

Secondary
Helix - TSS 98 Helix, 66-44-42ER / 70-46-42ER
Spring - ? Black/Red ?
Derlin Washer

Primary Spring - ? Leave stock ?
Weight - ? Figured during tuning I would suppose.

If you have a 05 900 rmk that is quick off the line and runs like a solid rocket from 0-100, list me what you use.
Thanks very much in advanced.

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
i just set up my buddies '05 900 RMK with some 10-70 weights, almond/red primary spring, 62-42-.46 helix and stock black/red spring. it pulls very well through the low and mid-range. top RPM are right at 7500, engaugement is 4100. with your helix 66-44, it would be a little longer legged, but may run the risk of belt slippage in heavy snow or steep inclines. it will work well in fluffy snow out in the fields and on the trail. also it will be a very good idea to re-shim your primary clutch to 0.015" belt to sheave clearence. every P-85 heavy duty clutch i've run across needs to have the thin spacer removed from under the spider to get the tollerence in spec.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts