Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock polaris 900 rmk 151 and I was planning on buying a second primary clutch and seconday clutch for mountain and trail riding. The primary will come with no spring or weights. The seconday will come with no spring or helix. I want something aggressive and very fun for ditching. Upshifting and Backshifting. I am not sure what prim spring and weights to buy along with what spring and helix angles for the secondary. Can anybody point me to what good combo to get to throw in the spare? I am going to keep my stock stuff to throw back on for mountain use since that is what it's setup for.
Thanks for ideas and points in advanced.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I would put the 66/44 helix with the black/red spring in the secondary and the almond spring in the primary and leave the stock 1074 weight to see what it does for revs and change weights up and down to make rpms work.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found a site with team helix. I found the 66-44-.46/66-42-.46 #420494. Then I found the #420719 66/44-.42 but it said ER was supported RER and the 420719 wasn't listed as reverse supported.

$134 for there helix

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
the price for a team helix is $109.00 MSRP. that will be the most you should ever be asked to pay!! your dealer should be able to do much better for you if he likes you.

the 420719 helix is reverse compatible, the angles are 66-44-42ER & 70-46-42ER use the 66-44 for stock and the 70-46 for mods, with a Blk/Red left hand wind secondary spring, and elrin washers, Stock primary weights & spring. then adjust for engagement and top rpms with the primary.

go over to the Fusion discussion to learn all the in's & outs of clutching these 900 twins.

also the website at team industries has a discussion from their own tech-guy.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"the angles are 66-44-42ER & 70-46-42ER use the 66-44 for stock and the 70-46 for mods" What do you mean use 70-46 for mods? I am planning on doing some mods. My sled will not remain stock, but are the 66-44 and 70-46 different helix? And with 66-44-42/70-46-42, how is it there is two numbers but one part number? I am new to clutching if you couldn't tell.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Interesting. I just got done taking mine out. How do you which? Does something unbolt from the helix? Almost sounds like you have a helix that comes apart. I'm suprised polaris would give you both.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just want it to pull like a rocket from 0-100. However I need to do that, is what I'm looking for. As of future mods. Timbersled air intake, J&T loud pipe, clutching of course, head down the road.

Then what is the difference from 66-44-.42 and 66-44-.46. I hear most people are going with the .46

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Two last questions for gettin2old. Did you mean black/red or red/black... they have both..=/ I was going to order from SLP. The have a black/red spring at 155-222, but they say nothing about left wind.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Blk/red or Blk/wht is what you want.

red/blk is stock.

At this point guys, if you are this unfamaliar with clutching, I would go to a reputable shop. Clutches can and will be a very dangerous explosive device if not done correctly.

Especially when working on the primary, if you screw up, it will take out your crank and possibly some body parts!!

With the tools needed to change weights & springs, you will also be far ahead in cash if you just pay the labor for a qualified tech to do this for you.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have already pulled my helix and spring out. Never touched a prim yet, but I am making my own tools to do it since my uncle runs a machine shop. I just want something with massive take off and pulls like a rocket from 0-100. I just need to find out from people trying what I need for sure before I go buying up wrong springs. I heard alot about that 420719 helix, but people are saying a combination of springs for the prim and secondary. Half of them are saying to left the primary alone. Just do a red/black spring with the 420719 helix with some of those derlin washers. I just want quick forcefull engagments with great backshift and quick 0-100mph. If anybody know what they have to get that. Send me a list. I am going to start ordering mon.

PS what is this left wind people keep talking about with the secondary spring?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.