Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to spend my insurnance claim from the 800. Dealer has both 2005 and 2006 F6 Std EFI there is about $1,100 difference. Is the 2006 worth the extra cash. I had my mind set on the 05 till the difference shrank in the past few weeks. Any help would be great.
Jake

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
05 F6 EFI SNO PRO :div20:

or wait till the next generation firecats come out soon.... :Wow1:

IMO

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
if i had to make that choice, i would go out and buy a used 05, rde if for a year, and wait to see what just might come out

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Tough call. The warranty will be better on the 06 so that will already eat up some of the difference. You have to decide whether 1100 bucks is worth it or not but I think you will need to look at resale and warranty and updates/improvements (ie pipe sensor) as a part of your final decsion. In the end the 06 might still be the better deal.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
try and get the difference down to 500- 800 difference and get the 06 someone has to try out the 06's

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's what I am affraid of. The F6's don't seem to have the gearing/clutching issues of the F7. The extra $1,100 pays for a season of gas and oil for the truck and the sled! I guess we will have to see, the 4 year over the 3 year warranty on the 06 F6 is a toss up but the pipe sensor and clutch work may be worth the extra cash but who knows if this 06 will be any better.

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
For 1100 I would get the 05. If you secodary has "problems" or "falls apart" you dealer should warranty it and put on the 06 set up.

Krom

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Depends how long you keep your sleds. If you trade every 2 years then get the 06....but after 5-6 years there isnt really a trade in difference.

The clutch issue of slipping the belt is for the guys that run 204 studs. If you run regular hard pack the track breaks loose before the belt does. My 05 F6 ran 111mph(GPS) right out of the box with me 230 lbs on it. So, the clucth issue is really not that big of a factor for the average guy !!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is what I have been hearing. Sometimes you get so spooked by the problems that a few guys have had. Glad to hear your F6 is runnning strong. Where did you get your F6?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts