Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, went into Canada with my new 800, it has 2500 miles on it. Even on a perfectly groomed strait away, I couldn't get it to go over 90. It goes good until about 80. It's reving around 7900. Belt looks fine, new plugs, still won't break 90. What are you guy getting for top speeds out of them? I noticed a little oil that was blowing out of one side of the y-pipe where it meets the engine, looks like the 2 bottom allen blots are a little loose. Also looked at the carb boots and one side looks like the rubber is pulling away from the aluminum block closest to the engine, but I tried spaying carb cleaner when it was ideling and it didn't idle up at all, and it always comes down to idle after stoping, so I don't think they are leaking. The only other thing I can think of was that the previous owner geared it down. Im gonna see what gears are in it tomarrow, anyone know what stock is? Anyone else have any ideas?

·
Registered
2020 Ski Doo Freeride 146, 850 shot, 2020 Ski Doo Summit 154, 850 shot, 2016 Polaris 800 Axys Pro S
46 Posts
If the sled is new to you it might only be geared for that.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
+1, or your not getting your amsoil from the right dealer. :hairy:

Wait your not going by the speedo are you?

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
I'm thinkin its the reed boots that are cracked and air is getting in there, probably also your y pipe is loose and there is some exhaust blowing by. Get some V-force reeds/boots and tighten up that y pipe and you should be good to go. A compression test wouldn't hurt, should be around 140.

-oh yea grease that crank bearing.

-Oh yea check for a 8mm socket under your engine, wouldn't want that jumping up and getting in your clutch.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks wise ass. I pulled it apart today and the carb boots are cracked bad. I'm thinking I should go with vforce, any other opinions?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have a 2006 Gade 800. I have about 3,300 miles on it and I can say that getting triple digits on the speedo is pretty tough to do even in near perfect conditions. I can get into the 90's no problem but that's about it. I have stock gearing and no problem with the carb boots. I am not sure you can get much more out of that sled without modifications. Yes the Y-Pipe bolts have been an issue with that sled. If you can, hit them with some loc-tite. I had some broken bolts after my first year but have since replaced them with hardened bolts and loc-tite and they seem to be holding up now.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 2006 Gade 800. I have about 3,300 miles on it and I can say that getting triple digits on the speedo is pretty tough to do even in near perfect conditions. I can get into the 90's no problem but that's about it. I have stock gearing and no problem with the carb boots. I am not sure you can get much more out of that sled without modifications. Yes the Y-Pipe bolts have been an issue with that sled. If you can, hit them with some loc-tite. I had some broken bolts after my first year but have since replaced them with hardened bolts and loc-tite and they seem to be holding up now.[/b]
thanks for the reply, makes me feel a little better. Looked at the gears today and they are stock. Vforces are on there way.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've owned my '05 800 Gade since new. 2500+ miles now and counting. Stock everything except studs. I can't ever get it to break into the 100+ range. The conditions need to be perfect for one to break into the mid 90s. GPS speeds.

Also, your speedo is probably not very accurate. I reference my speedo with a GPS at all times. 105 mph on the speedo = 92 mph on GPS. GPS is the accurate one of the two.

That's plenty fast for me considering all the radar guns hiding at the end of most straight aways here in MN....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts