Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 05 fusion wont rpm or pull any top end, i am a relativly good sled mecanic and i have tried everything i can think of ,i have cleaned the ves, i have checked the tps, chaned the exhaust probe, checked the cluches for binding and broken springs i took it to local poo dealer and they did not find any codes , they dont know what it is either. i have tried gearing down and took 5 grams of of the weights and that made no difrence. it feels like it is pulling back the timming and will only rev 7100. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have tried new springs and every clutch combo ,motor feels flat it wont pull clutchs into overdrive

·
Registered
276 Posts
my 05 fusion wont rpm or pull any top end, i am a relativly good sled mecanic and i have tried everything i can think of ,i have cleaned the ves, i have checked the tps, chaned the exhaust probe, checked the cluches for binding and broken springs i took it to local poo dealer and they did not find any codes , they dont know what it is either. i have tried gearing down and took 5 grams of of the weights and that made no difrence. it feels like it is pulling back the timming and will only rev 7100. thanks in advance.[/b]

I am not being a smart ass and I know this might sound stupid, but did you try changing the plugs? I went through this once and felt very stupid after I found out one of the plugs was breaking down at WOT. It ran fine at low speeds, but would not rev past 7100 @ WOT. Even punching it at trail speeds, it felt very flat like the power valves were not opening. Changed RN57YCC to BPR9ES and ran awesome. Hope this is all it is for you, but maybe not.

·
Registered
336 Posts
ok will do[/b]
The 2005 900 needs to run 7100-7200 with the stock pipe. It loves to be loaded down and will be way quicker than when running 7400-7500 RPM. What RPM are you running?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it likes 7600 with the htg pipe; i tried the new plugs to no avail. on the up side i think the problem is that the ves are not opening do you know what rpm the valves open? i did a test with the valve covers off and the valves dident move i then held the valves open manually and the motor went to 7800 real quick.

·
Registered
276 Posts
it likes 7600 with the htg pipe; i tried the new plugs to no avail. on the up side i think the problem is that the ves are not opening do you know what rpm the valves open? i did a test with the valve covers off and the valves dident move i then held the valves open manually and the motor went to 7800 real quick.[/b]

The valves open above 6800 RPM's according to the 05 900 shop manual which should be the same. Good Luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts