Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the awaited letter last week and called for an appointment. I promptly brought my sled in last Sat. I wanted to bring my sled in early in case of the dreaded "backordered part" deal. I was informed today, after I called to see if my sled was ready, that some of these updated parts are up to a month away. I would like to know if anyone has had these updates, and what they were. It seems to be as hard to find out what they are, as it is to have them installed.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
mines been there a week and a half dealer said they are waiting fot pars also

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Originally posted by tedb@Sep 24 2005, 10:32 AM
Did they give you a cost for the 06 front end parts?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=889876
[/quote]
well the spindles would be a wash but the arms have got to be a couple hundred atleast. anyone know what the arms on an 05 cost?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I spoke to the Polaris tech thats been working on my '05 and he ordered a new gas tank which was in on Friday, so that will be done on Monday. I'm getting the new belt - why not? A) its free and B) he said I shouldn't have to have it back to the dealer if I want to run an 080 belt. He's going to check my torque stop again to make sure that its snug. I told him I am going to order the EPI clutch kit for it and he jumped on the topic and said dollar per dollar you can't buy a better upgrade for this machine. That sealed the deal with that. I'm going to order the SLP torque arm and push arm this Friday.

I know there was a post last week that gave all the Polaris part numbers to convert the '05 front end to the '06. I'm just curious if anyone has the price on the parts yet. If not I can find time to do it. If its reasonable I think I'm going to go for it next season.

I just want to get out there and ride right now - I need snow!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Pol900@Sep 24 2005, 09:26 AM
Still waiting on parts had mine orderd 4 weeks ago so hopefully I'll be the first in, also ordered electric start,New 06 rear shock bracket and thinking about switching to the 06 front end while it is in there.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=889791
[/quote]
What's the difference in the 06 shock bracket and cost?

·
Registered
18 Posts
:beerchug: :beerchug: i got my torque arm from slp this week installed yesterday..fits like it was made for the sled from the factory,,,i feel it should have been there stock...i am sure it will work,stop eating belts and pick up a few miles per hour :beerchug: :beerchug:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Originally posted by CHISZLER@Sep 26 2005, 05:33 AM
:beerchug:  :beerchug: i got my torque arm from slp this week installed yesterday..fits like it was made for the sled from the factory,,,i feel it should have been there stock...i am sure it will work,stop eating belts and pick up a few miles per hour :beerchug:  :beerchug:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=892758
[/quote]

Can you take a picture of it? I would be interested in seeing it. Might have to get one of those also.

·
Registered
489 Posts
What information lets the dealer know that we are supposed to get the new belt.
I haven't got any info in the mail except for the gas tank and spindle bolt issues. I talked to my dealer last week and he doesn't know anything about the new belt and the PN doesn't come up in their computer system. If they run the vin during the updates, will that tell the dealer the new belt should be installed?

·
Premium Member
4,168 Posts
Originally posted by Pol900@Sep 24 2005, 09:26 AM
Still waiting on parts had mine orderd 4 weeks ago so hopefully I'll be the first in, also ordered electric start,New 06 rear shock bracket and thinking about switching to the 06 front end while it is in there.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=889791
[/quote]

Did you get an estimate on having the electric start put in? A buddy of mine asked his dealer and he said 6-8 hrs shop labor so including the cost of the kit ($499), he was looking at a total of $1000 for just electric start, which is crazy. I said if he can't start his own sled that he shouldn't have one and maybe his wife can do it for him ! :doh:

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Originally posted by larrypolaris@Sep 28 2005, 10:56 AM
What information lets the dealer know that we are supposed to get the new belt.
I haven't got any info in the mail except for the gas tank and spindle bolt issues.  I talked to my dealer last week and he doesn't know anything about the new belt and the PN doesn't come up in their computer system.  If they run the vin during the updates, will that tell the dealer the new belt should be installed?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=897200
[/quote]
if its a 05 u should get the belt. when the service people go to their polaris schools they tell the techs about it. my dealer had belts two weeks ago too

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Originally posted by PolarisBum@Sep 28 2005, 12:37 PM
Did you get an estimate on having the electric start put in?  A buddy of mine asked his dealer and he said 6-8 hrs shop labor so including the cost of the kit ($499), he was looking at a total of $1000 for just electric start, which is crazy.  I said if he can't start his own sled that he shouldn't have one and maybe his wife can do it for him ! :doh:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=897250
[/quote]

Yeah....If I can start my sled, he can sure start his...Mine is a shoulder relocator...

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Originally posted by PolarisBum@Sep 28 2005, 12:37 PM
Did you get an estimate on having the electric start put in?  A buddy of mine asked his dealer and he said 6-8 hrs shop labor so including the cost of the kit ($499), he was looking at a total of $1000 for just electric start, which is crazy.  I said if he can't start his own sled that he shouldn't have one and maybe his wife can do it for him ! :doh:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=897250
[/quote]
$600 is what I'm paying,at -20F I'm sick of dislocating my shoulder in the trailer starting it.

·
Registered
746 Posts
When it's real cold (-30*C) mine is crazy stiff on the first 2 pulls. I don't even bother attempting to start it, just pull it over slowly to loosen it up a little and then on the 3rd pull give it a real attempt at starting. It works, but if you have a bad shoulder, I wouldn't criticize anyone for wanting electric start (even though it would never even cross my mind to add it).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts