Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone run single carbides center location on their 05 Fusion stock skis? And has anyone tried removing one of the dual carbides and running just one of those as a single carbide?

·
Registered
633 Posts
I rode with the dual carbides 1 time last year too much push so I drilled out the holes and went to a 6 inch woodys single and it steered way better not as much push :beerchug:

·
Registered
484 Posts
IMO - The 'one size fits all' keel on the 05 is a buncha BS... I can appreciate 'one size fits all' clutching, rich jetting and the like.

But to make all 900 buyers have to pay for the comfort of a few panzy-ass riders who complained their beer-belly jiggled while going down the trail is beyond me... Dual runners are ghey and guys who run single runners will find their single runner burried within a 2" wide plank on the bottom of the ski!

I ditched the skis on my '05 in favor of the Poo .x ski and related custom carbides (4 bolts instead of 3) and have never been happier with a Polaris ski... I will probably do the same to my '06.

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
15,257 Posts
Jim, fwiw, my 06 ski's have 4 bolt skags

·
Registered
484 Posts
Originally posted by racerdave@Sep 25 2005, 08:44 AM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=891211
[/quote]

Thats new, they must be using the .x carbide then? I had a heck of a time figuring out that Poo made a special part # for the .x ski, the standard ones Matt insisted were correct wouldn't fit right... Then I found some obscure reference to the part #, looked it up, ordered and they fit like a glove!

At any rate... Is the keel on the new skis still really wide? I haven't remembered to look anytime I've been near one. I didin't have any problem getting rid of the stock fusion skis on ebay and that completely negated the cost of the .x skis... I'm guessing I'll have another pair for sale in a few weeks.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I put 8in woody`s on stock ski`s on mine, along with some suspension adjustments.It turns on a dime and will give you a nickel change back.The way its setup right now it lifts the inside ski on the corners with no push.One last thing I never got around to stud the track last year .

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
15,257 Posts
Originally posted by fyoushun@Sep 25 2005, 09:16 AM
Thats new, they must be using the .x carbide then? I had a heck of a time figuring out that Poo made a special part # for the .x ski, the standard ones Matt insisted were correct wouldn't fit right... Then I found some obscure reference to the part #, looked it up, ordered and they fit like a glove!

At any rate... Is the keel on the new skis still really wide? I haven't remembered to look anytime I've been near one. I didin't have any problem getting rid of the stock fusion skis on ebay and that completely negated the cost of the .x skis... I'm guessing I'll have another pair for sale in a few weeks.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=891235
[/quote]

my digital caliper says: keel is 2.043 wide

check your pm

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
i put a set of reg 8" carbides on mine much better. they were carbides off a reg set of pol plastic skis. back stud is off a little. just bent the stud a little and bolted on.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I am running single carbides....those dual carbides are no good.The sled behaves much better with single carbides.

What,you guys, have done to fill these holes on the skis once you are using single ones. I have put silicone but it doesn't last.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Originally posted by Mid-Range@Sep 25 2005, 01:54 PM
I am running single carbides....those dual carbides are no good.The sled behaves much better with single carbides.

What,you guys, have done to fill these holes on the skis once you are using single ones. I have put silicone but it doesn't last.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=891649
[/quote]
i just left mine open. yah snow shoots out sometimes when the snow is the right consistency but it dont bother me. i just about put mine in the trees several times the first ride with duals. junk

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,602 Posts
Originally posted by racerdave@Sep 25 2005, 08:44 AM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=891211
[/quote]
Not only that, but when you go to the parts counter and they look your sled up in PartSmart, you will find the part number shown: 2875716, doesn't even exist on the Polaris database.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Originally posted by ExcursionPSD@Sep 26 2005, 04:40 PM
Not only that, but when you go to the parts counter and they look your sled up in PartSmart, you will find the part number shown: 2875716, doesn't even exist on the Polaris database.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=893831
[/quote]

Dealer was beside himself last year when I told him I needed carbides with 4 bolt studs. I actually found a really obscure reference last year to PN 2875143 SKAG SNOW CROSS... These were 6" blades, obviously will be different with different blades.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,602 Posts
Originally posted by fyoushun@Sep 26 2005, 07:08 PM
Sno-x skis are like an 1" with deep 90 keel and two outer keels... Afore I get em or put em on egay, anyone need a new set of '06 Fusion skis?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=894250
[/quote]

The Polaris Race Skis 2900256-xxx with 90 degree keel and a wide ski tip, can use 4 different carbide runners, that I believe are made by Woody's

2875142 4" 60 degree
2875143 6" 60 degree
2875145 8" 60 degree
2875144 10" 60 degree

I am not sure if these Polaris Snow Cross skis use 4 mounting studs or 3, the racers in my area use SLP Powder Pro's or C & A Pro skis

·
Registered
484 Posts
Originally posted by ExcursionPSD@Sep 27 2005, 12:36 AM
The Polaris Race Skis 2900256-xxx with 90 degree keel and  a wide ski tip, can use 4 different carbide runners, that I believe are made by Woody's

2875142  4" 60 degree
2875143  6" 60 degree
2875145  8" 60 degree
2875144  10" 60 degree

I am not sure if these Polaris Snow Cross skis use 4 mounting studs or 3, the racers in my area use SLP Powder Pro's or C & A Pro skis
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=894905
[/quote]

Yup them are the ones I put on my 05... PN 2900256-070 SKI, SADDLELESS, PERF

FWIW the Skags I installed PN 2875143 do in fact have 4 bolt studs on them. I'd bet the variations you listed (diff length carbide) all have 4 bolt studs and yes, I think Woody's mfg's all Polaris skags?

The core reason why I didn't try the SLP or C & A's was due to the fact that the Polaris .x skis PN 2900256-xxx were a direct replacement, they even come with the ski-loop for about $100/ea. and they eliminated my issues with the 05 ski (super-wide keel, buncha holes, etc.)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts