Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone had any problems with their 05 900 fusion speedometer working erratically? Yesterday on the pond it wouldn't work at all, then it would work very accurately (111 on radar and on speedo) and sometimes it would bounce to 40 or 50 while going close to 100. Haven't had time to check it over yet and was just wondering if anyone had had a similar problem. Thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
276 Posts
anyone had any problems with their 05 900 fusion speedometer working erratically? Yesterday on the pond it wouldn't work at all, then it would work very accurately (111 on radar and on speedo) and sometimes it would bounce to 40 or 50 while going close to 100. Haven't had time to check it over yet and was just wondering if anyone had had a similar problem. Thanks in advance for any help[/b]
Are your headlights flickering? Does your volt meter on the MFD read low. My brothers 05 900 S/B did the same thing as yours in addition to what I mentioned and is in the shop as we speak. The speedo would rise when you raised the rpm's while sitting still. Yes, that is right, the speedo needle would rise when reving the motor at idle. It did it when the RPM was set to the digital reading. He has had it back 3 times now and the dealer finally figured the problem out. We hope!!! The dealer is claiming that it is the entire MFD display because they tried another one off of a different sled and it works great. The first time back they replaced the speedo sensor, then the voltage regulator, and now the MFD. The dealer was thinking the stator, but found the MFD problem. My brother paid 2 $50.00 deductibles and it was not fixed so this one is on them!! I hope this helps you out!!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
mine was doing it when the display was on digital rpm.. don't know about the flickering lights. hopefully i can check it out in the next couple of days. thanks[/b]
When I say flickering lights, I mean dull and bright like a bad voltage regulator. I know his digital voltage guage would only read about 3 bars at idle and my 900 reads 4 to 5.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had a similar problem on my 05 900. Everything was good for first 10 miles then the MFD went out when I stopped, worked ok sometimes while riding, showed 1-3 bars for voltage when working, headlight dim. I noticed when I turned off the handwarmers it was better. I found mine had a bad stator. Of course I just bought it earlier this year and it was my first ride. I am sure it wasn't like that before I bought it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a freind that just had the same problem on his 06 755 Fusion. It ended up being the speed sensor.[/b]
Funny i was just wondering as well . I have the same problem on my 2006 700. Also Last year my buddy had the same problem with his 2006 600 but it only happened one evening and then the problem never came back.
I will see if my 700 still has the same problem this weekend, If so i will report back to you guys because if it happens again its going back to the dealer Monday.
I thought it might have had somthing to do with washing the engine down ?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I say flickering lights, I mean dull and bright like a bad voltage regulator. I know his digital voltage guage would only read about 3 bars at idle and my 900 reads 4 to 5.[/b]
rode a little bit today, very little.. My voltage reads 5 at idle, analog tach works fine, but speedo does not.. I'm thinking it's the speed sensor, dropping it off at dealer to get it checked out sometime. It is finally cold here, only about 20 degrees, so the thing pulled like a bear today. Jeez, it felt good!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mine is still jumping all over the place,now everybody is having probs with the speed sensors? what is it going to be next year handlebars falling off???????[/b]
mines doing the same, but as long as everyone is behind me, they can tell me how fast I'm going :)

·
Super Advanced Member
4,102 Posts
Yesterday my display went dead twice. my friends said the head lights were dim. Works fine now.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I had a huge problem with the speedo on my 05 900 too, The damn thing would never get past 85 MPH, 4 different shops tried to fix it and it still would not go past 85 MPH on the digital or analog side!!

Oh wait!! the speedo was fine according to my GPS.

It was my sled that was the problem!!

FYI,
The dealer did swap my speedo from a defect in the plastic lens, when he dropped the new speedo in the mileage was back to zero. I thought the mileage would be stored in the ECM not the MFD unit. Too bad my sled only had like 50 miles on it when it wa swapped.
I am not suggesting anyone lose the high mileage because we know there is federal laws that prohibit that practice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts