Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally have my 900 Fusion set up right and am very pleased with performance and handling thanks to help from this forum and others. This last weekend I put on 350 miles with no critical problems. One issue was the fuel gauge seems to be off. It was flashing empty after about 95 miles which I thought would be normal but the next morning when gassing up it only took 7.6 gallons to fill it up. I think the tank is a 10.8 gallon tank right? I looked inside the tank before putting gas in it and it seemed to be low. If I went thru only 7.6 gallons I am getting better milage than I thought but something doesn't seem to add up. Any help? I also had an issue with my speedo not working. Is it possible that I over greased the Driveshaft bearing wher the speedo sensor is located? Also anyone have an electric start for my 900. What a bear pulling that thing over when it is cold. Thanks to everyone for their help. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
My 06 Fusion would do that flashing thing. Many of them did that.
It is like the sending unit & gas sloshing around gives irratic readings on the digital readout.
I bought off ebay an older style Polaris gauge w/ the reading on the gas cap.
They sell them in different lengths.
I think the one I bought was 17" but its so long ago. It is still in my garage somewhere though.
I never would remember to reset the tripmeter.

Also if your lights are dim, there was trouble with the voltage regulator in them. You can take out the small little bulbs on the side of the headlight.
My MFD would flash weird stuff, changed to updated Polaris part on the VR and it was fine after that. It is on here somewhere.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey D-rail I like your sled description....2005 Fusion Time Bomb.
Hopefully mine isn't. I Have all the updates and have taken care of most of the issues. My fusion ran fast this weekend. Only sled that was faster was a 08 crossfire 1000 tha was all tricked out with clutching, pipe and boondocker. I have a different helix an SLP pipe and can and a timbersled intake.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Couple of things to check with your speedo. If you think you may have over greased it, pop off the cover and check, clean out the old grease, make sure the tone wheel is tight. Check all connections at the sensor, hood hinges and at the MFD. If it still doesn't work then try a new sensor. I fought with this problem and it ended up being my MFD.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts