Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

Everyone that has an 05 F7, have you had any problems? I am looking at one and just wanted to know if there were any updates that needed to be done and such. How are the diamond drives? Any problems? It would just be helpful, so i can tell the dealer to fix it before i buy it. Thanks

·
Registered
264 Posts
2500 miles on my 05 std. I have had 2 drive shaft cross bolts break (still runs fine, just makes a rattle noise), and the clutching isn't quite right. There are a ton of posts on here about that. But overall I really like the sled and am very happy with it. Runs good, looks good, rides good, nice power, and seems to be holding up.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I love mine not one problem! If you get an 05 look into getting the 06 clutch update not necessary but gives you more out of the sled.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Originally posted by Energeezer@Oct 19 2005, 05:55 PM
What is the 06 update and where do I get it?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=941089
[/quote]
It is a clutch "update" upgrade for the 05 to the 06 secondary sheaves. They are .400 bigger than the 05 sheaves and need to be run with a longer belt or 06 Firecat belt.

Oh yeah and Dan at ODS sells them as a kit. And if you decide to update to the 06 sheaves I recomend Dan at ODS. Great service. But I think they might be on back order right now? :dunno:

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Originally posted by barneyz71@Oct 19 2005, 05:12 PM
So you have snow and have tried the 06 clutch update??? :dunno:
And you got more out of your sled?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=940958
[/quote]

Well from people i have talked too it does! dead 1 dave and Glen Hall spoke to them both and they said the same thing So i hope it works for me to!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Originally posted by DR F7@Oct 19 2005, 07:34 PM
Well from people i have talked too it does!  dead 1 dave and Glen Hall spoke to them both and they said the same thing So i hope it works for me to!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=941372
[/quote]
I also hope it does a little something... I have installed the 06 sheaves as well but will probably be 2 more months before I can find out for myself. I hope to hear something positive from others that receive snow before I do.
Look forward to reading some positive feedback on it. :cn:

·
Registered
672 Posts
Originally posted by Energeezer@Oct 19 2005, 06:55 PM
What is the 06 update and where do I get it?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=941089
[/quote]

Well it rips you of for another $500-700.....

The Firecat is now in the 4th year of production and still the clutch dont work perfect. Sorry, :banana: but I cant help it.......

I did invest in the Supertip clutch for my '05 and it made a big difference. But also be prepaired for a very rich fuel in entire band. It can be solved with a pressureregulator or a boondocker controller (and again $200-400) :banghead:

:beerchug:

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Originally posted by Tasiilaq@Oct 19 2005, 08:13 PM

The Firecat is now in the 4th year of production and still the clutch dont work perfect. Sorry, :banana: but I cant help it.......

I did invest in the Supertip clutch for my '05 and it made a big difference. But also be prepaired for a very rich fuel in entire band. It can be solved with a pressureregulator or a boondocker controller (and again $200-400) :banghead:

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=941498
[/quote]

yes thats true but last year was first year for dd on f cats!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can run your 05 f7 stock if you want and its an awsome sled stock! There is so much more the sled can give you if you want it to i loves after market stuff and clutching :fluffy: :fluffy:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
the 05 should still have a 3 year warrenty... transferable... so you shouldnt have much to worry about, is this sled brand new or used or modded at all or what??

BTW... you will be much happier with this sled than the RX-1 you were considering before... :div20:

:fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:

·
Registered
749 Posts
Originally posted by Tasiilaq@Oct 19 2005, 07:13 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=941498
[/quote]
:bunny-pancake: D&D will do the 05 secondary mod for $110.00 with the belt or they will give you the 06 update for $179.00 without a belt.For the money I would recomend doing one or the other along with the Y-Pipe mod,PAC and a 2 degree key. :div20:

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea, the RX-1 is out of the picture. The F7 has the 3 year warranty, i would just prefer having the dealer make sure all the problem areas are ok before i leave with it. I had heard about some bolts or screws coming loose from the Diamond drive, that is what sparked my question.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
My carb ripppss..

Probably faster then DrF7's sled..his isslow, we all know that.. :div20:

the carb is not a big deal..

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Originally posted by soldd@Oct 19 2005, 11:41 PM
My carb ripppss..

Probably faster then DrF7's sled..his isslow, we all know that.. :div20:

the carb is not a big deal..
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=942254
[/quote]

Plus Carbs are easier to tune when you switch to synthetic Blinker fluid..much easier to change jetting then to add fuel to an EFI.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts