Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 05 f7 with several mods that I am not sure about. I also have most of the stock parts. Running the 1.375 track.

It has a 2.5 degree key. Thinking I must take this out since about the best we have around here is 89(10% eth) fuel. Could I get by with the 1.5 degree or go back to stock?

It has a screen air silencer on from a 440 sno pro. I have heard mention -do not mess with the air box ???

It has an SLP ceramic coated can. I have read where some of you only run the can in the mountains. ??

For clutching, it has 672/75 stock weights, purple 0646-155 primary, with an '07 M8 10.4 secondary(0726-240) which constists of the closed end 36 degree helix(0748-656B-36), titanium spring with an orange dot(black/org??). 044 belt.

What should I change to get the proper set up? The little bit I have run it seems like it will pull out to 8000. (7980 on a short run)
Maybe a slight bog in the lower mid range. He said it is the old gas in the sled that he did not notice that last year.

Tuning aside, what is the square tube with the seat belt material on it for in the tool kit?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nylon strap with the tube is for emergency starts using it to wrap aroun dur primary if your start rope is broke or something of the sort...........[/b]
Wrong strap, I do have one of those too. It is a piece of appox 1/2 in square tubing about 6 inches long and on the one end there is a loop of 2 inch seat belt type material attached to it. The loop is about 10-12 inch diameter.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
EFI sleds dont react well to mods without a boondocker. the can is most likely the culprit of the bogging. Im also not sure as to what the seat belt thing is.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have an 04 f7 efi, I had tried that mesh airbox also. Had a horrific bog down low, but cleared up once you got going and pulled hard really hard. Put stock airbox back in and cleared it right up. If you had fuel pressure adj(from bikeman) you would probably get rid of the bog. The can also could be the culprit. Lots of Fcats dont like running with the cans.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Lizzard,

Congratualions on your new F7, Sounds like a sweet sled. A few things I would do if it were mine is remove the timing key. expecially if you only have 89 octane. It may be fine but why chance it for the little bit of performance you get with a key. I would remove the silencer and install the stock silencer. See if you have any gains or losses them make a judgement. I don't know about higher elevation clutching but if you a reving 8000 that is a bit high. 1st make sure you are getting full shift. (mark primary and secondary) If that is good you can try adding weight or different secondary spring and helix. That strap sounds like a strap style oil filter wrench probably to assist in belt replacement. Just a guess. Good luck

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lizzard,

Congratualions on your new F7, Sounds like a sweet sled. A few things I would do if it were mine is remove the timing key. expecially if you only have 89 octane. It may be fine but why chance it for the little bit of performance you get with a key. I would remove the silencer and install the stock silencer. See if you have any gains or losses them make a judgement. I don't know about higher elevation clutching but if you a reving 8000 that is a bit high. 1st make sure you are getting full shift. (mark primary and secondary) If that is good you can try adding weight or different secondary spring and helix. That strap sounds like a strap style oil filter wrench probably to assist in belt replacement. Just a guess. Good luck[/b]
ttt
That is about what the strap tool looks like but not sure how you would crank it up in the field.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts