Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i already have a clutch kit what els can i do for under $300. He just put sumthing in it i think a clutch kit but he said hes got more. what should i do?

·
Registered
83 Posts
If youve got a good clutch kit that really will lean on the motor, and you have studs, for good hole shots(you should beat him out of the hole) put some gears in it that will help you in the top, taller gear, try that. It will be close either way probably.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont have studs but i got the sp track . would a timing key help at all? and what would i have to change if i got a key?

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Originally posted by 05f6snopro@Sep 20 2005, 08:37 PM
i dont have studs but i got the sp track . would a timing key help at all? and what would i have to change if i got a key?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=884527
[/quote]

well you just answered your question on what to do with $300....

get studs and then get the timing key too, they are only $18 bucs...

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Changing gearing on a DD is posiable but expensive.

I talked to D&D at haydays, they told me to stick with the stock key if you plan on running 87 octane gas. Some places I ride to only sell 87, I don't know if that's your case or not, but somthing to keep in mind.

Me, I would rather come in second place and enjoy a trouble free riding season then come in first place and have my sled doing shop time cuz I got crazy with the mods. I know, that's not the "hardcore sledder" way.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I don't think it will be that close. A well tuned SRX is going be tough to beat. However, SRX's came with real lame tracks and depending on whether he upgraded the track or how well he has it studded, the holeshot could be yours. Traction will mean everything though. I think an SRX will reel in an F6 pretty quickly though.

Pick your course too. The shorter the run the better.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Originally posted by 05f6snopro@Sep 20 2005, 08:49 PM
i cant do that i have to beat him!! would reeds help at all if so what kind?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=884560
[/quote]

keep your money... if you had about $1000 id say you have a good chance...

:fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well thanks for the help! if you have any ideas keep droppin them. ill keep you posted we might pull them out this weekend

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I think a your F6 doesnt have a chance. first you are slinging that big track allready and if you stud it YES it will get better traction off the line but the added weight will pull your top end down and the srx has long legs on a long run this side of spending more money then you mentioned be happy with what you have and dont bother trying to beat pops

·
Registered
927 Posts
arctic cat APV oil is what they say to run most of the time, there might be an off brand though.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Ill give ya go through a windy and bumpy trail if you think you can out handle the srx, ill even put the stock skid (works good once you get it dialed in the right way) back in hehe.... Oh and your not going to beat him without some serious coin no doubts about it in the long run

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Just as its been said in previous posts....

Stud the Track, stud the track, stud the track.

Make sure everything is in good working order (exhaust valves are clean, oil ratio is correct, its EFI, correct?, if not then jetting)

And as someone said earlier, pick the race. Out of the hole, you will probably get him up to a certain MPH, but after say 80 or so (don't quote me on that), he will most likely pull away.

So if you plan on racing in say 500 feet or so, then you have a good chance with the studs and clutch kit, and everything in good working order. After that, that triple starts crankin and is GONE.

One other thing to consider, is there a significant weight difference between you and your father?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts