Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on an issue that I am having with my dads 05 900. A friend of mine works as a mechanic for the local Polaris shop and also runs a shop out of his garage at night. I brought my dads 05 900 to him to have him re-build the shocks and give her a once over. After I unloaded the sled I was BSing with him and he lifted the hood and removed the clutch cover/intake to show me the carb boots, and sure enough they were all cracked, it does not appear they were cracked all the way through but they were all spider cracked just the same. He then showed me 3 more sets of cracked boots that were from other customers sleds, all 3 were from 05 900 Fusions. It would appear to me that this may be a problem on these sleds so if you have one make sure you check the boots, with all the snow we are getting here in the Norteast it would be a bad time to have burn down! I am un my way to the Polaris dealer to see if they will replace them under warrenty as I have a 3 year warrenty which is good til next year. I read this forum quite often and have not yet heard of anyone having this issue so if I am posting something that is old news I apoligize. Happy sledding and New Years!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just got back from Polaris dealer. Ther Dealer called Polaris to see if the warrenty would cover the price of the boots $64. The Polaris rep told the dealer that it was not an issue on the 900 and that the cracks were normal because of the engine vibration and that I should not worry about it as the boots are very thick. I bought the boots out of pocket as I am concerned that the boots will eventually leak. Am I wrong to think that polaris should go good for the boots?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Just got back from Polaris dealer. Ther Dealer called Polaris to see if the warrenty would cover the price of the boots $64. The Polaris rep told the dealer that it was not an issue on the 900 and that the cracks were normal because of the engine vibration and that I should not worry about it as the boots are very thick. I bought the boots out of pocket as I am concerned that the boots will eventually leak. Am I wrong to think that polaris should go good for the boots?[/b]
Mine are cracked also and my dealer said all do but never go all the way through. After 1'st year, warranty is covered by GE credit and they'll be easier to get coverage from. We'll change them then.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on an issue that I am having with my dads 05 900. A friend of mine works as a mechanic for the local Polaris shop and also runs a shop out of his garage at night. I brought my dads 05 900 to him to have him re-build the shocks and give her a once over. After I unloaded the sled I was BSing with him and he lifted the hood and removed the clutch cover/intake to show me the carb boots, and sure enough they were all cracked, it does not appear they were cracked all the way through but they were all spider cracked just the same. He then showed me 3 more sets of cracked boots that were from other customers sleds, all 3 were from 05 900 Fusions. It would appear to me that this may be a problem on these sleds so if you have one make sure you check the boots, with all the snow we are getting here in the Norteast it would be a bad time to have burn down! I am un my way to the Polaris dealer to see if they will replace them under warrenty as I have a 3 year warrenty which is good til next year. I read this forum quite often and have not yet heard of anyone having this issue so if I am posting something that is old news I apoligize. Happy sledding and New Years![/b]
My boots are cracked up too and have been after the first year. I´ve ordered a new pair. I have had alot of problems with my 05 9 fusion after the first year. Changed the fuel tank twice, changed the stator, repaired the recoil, changed the injectors, got the TPS ajusted. Now it´s running great but still flashes 6 timing for TPS, but dosn´t bog anymore.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright here is an update on the carb/throttle body boots for ya. I called Polaris myself and asked about the boots, they informed me just like the dealer did that It was not an issue on the 900's and that the boots were very thick and it was unlikley that it would result in any engine damage or failures. I in turn asked them if they would make a documented note of my complaint and send me something in writing stating that the cracked boots would not cause any future engine damage, I also asked that they add that if any future damage was caused by the cracked boots that they would be responsible. Of course they refused to send me anything in writing stating that, but they did say that they would see about warrantying the boots, the rep said they will call me back in the next day or two. I hope they do cause I really think that this should be covered unde warranty!

·
Registered
534 Posts
but they did say that they would see about warrantying the boots, the rep said they will call me back in the next day or two. I hope they do cause I really think that this should be covered unde warranty!
[/quote]

Don't sit by the phone!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Confusion are you saying I have been played and that Polaris will not call me back? I would hope that they would at least have the courtesy to call me back one way or the other. I would rather hear No the nothing at all. I hope they call me back in fact they better if they ever want to see another dollar of my money.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Confusion are you saying I have been played and that Polaris will not call me back? I would hope that they would at least have the courtesy to call me back one way or the other. I would rather hear No the nothing at all. I hope they call me back in fact they better if they ever want to see another dollar of my money.[/b]
You may get a lip service call back, if any at all.
But they won't see any more of my money!

·
Banned
8,931 Posts
I am un my way to the Polaris dealer to see if they will replace them under warrenty as I have a 3 year warrenty which is good til next year.[/b]
If your cracks are really ready to be an issue then I would think they will be covered.

But, if they are, don't you still have to pay $50 deductible and then probably have to wait weeks (dealer probably backlogged) to have it done ?

I've paid for a few parts under $100 that should be warrantied but riding was more important to me so I paid up without even talking to the dealer. Sometimes a little $$$ and my time is worth it to get out there. But....with the snow melting right now...doh !

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have an '06 600 S/B and had mine relpaced last year under warranty. This year I was rejetting the carbs and discovered they were separated at the engine again, just like last year, probably worse. I called my dealer to order new ones, he was suprised the new ones had delaminated also. When I asked if they would rewarranty them. His reply was "Uh, not likely, call back in a couple days and they should be in." When I called back he told me he would need my old boots back because Polaris is going to stand behind them! Apparently the factory rep. was in and said that they know they have problems with them and will cover the replacement. Awesome.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I pulled mine today for the top cracking, guess what small cracks were nothing to the ones on the bottom of the boots, that's were the cracking is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts