Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for creating soooo many posts ill keep all my Q's in this one. I have an 05 900 fuse with CFI and am pretty happy with it aside from gas milage (understandable for the engine size) and a couble glitches.

The first thing happend on a trail ride in east jordan, mi about a month after buying we went on an off trail hill and i stopped half way down the hill to talk to the guys i was riding with but when i went to start it agian it didnt want to start, and im curious why?

Then last week i was at the local trails and i drove it off the trailer and went to pull it up to the truck and other sled and when i hit the break the engine died, it did not seem to want to start... again, but when i did get it started i was standing on the side of it puling the cord and it started driving almost as if when the engine died it held the rpms but thats impossible..... isnt it??

thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
Sorry for creating soooo many posts ill keep all my Q's in this one. I have an 05 900 fuse with CFI and am pretty happy with it aside from gas milage (understandable for the engine size) and a couble glitches.

The first thing happend on a trail ride in east jordan, mi about a month after buying we went on an off trail hill and i stopped half way down the hill to talk to the guys i was riding with but when i went to start it agian it didnt want to start, and im curious why?

Then last week i was at the local trails and i drove it off the trailer and went to pull it up to the truck and other sled and when i hit the break the engine died, it did not seem to want to start... again, but when i did get it started i was standing on the side of it puling the cord and it started driving almost as if when the engine died it held the rpms but thats impossible..... isnt it??
thanks[/b]
What drive belt are you running now. The 3211111 and the 3211115 are both wider than the original 3211080 that the 2005 900's came with. It sounds like you have to tight of belt to sheeve clearance with the drive belt you are running. With the engine off you need a minimum of .010" clearance between the edge of the belt and the primary clutch sheeve when the belt is pushed all the way to one side. You can use a feeler gage to check this with the engine off. The primary clutch weights could also be binding or catching on the spider not allowing the primary clutch to open all of the way. This will cause to the sled to stall and/or continue moving when trying to stop. I know that the 2006 900 spider is now cast instead of forged which gave it slightly more clearance in key areas. I also bought a slightly used 2005 900 primary clutch and I can see where it has been clearanced by hand for some reason.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I think there is a "Team Tip", but not a recall, on this particular starter. I hade the same issues as you and others, the dealer fixed it under warranty....it is a bolt that needs to be loctitied after being torqued properlt. Actually learned about the fix gere a year or two ago!

Anyway, since the bolt was loctited & torqued appropriately it has worked properly.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Ive got 2 900s and have replaced the bushings in both of them because of to tight of tolerances.this was a comon problem on the 05s and should be covered under waranty(safty).I repaired mine myself so I knew what I had when I was done.Take it back to your dealer Immediatly for replacement because your clutch is sticking closed.I am a Polaris msd tech and have seen this problem many times.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts