Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a compression tester and have 125 psi, both cylinders cold,
Anyone know what the spec's shouls be for a stock motor? Fuse 05 - 900
Thanks

:dunno:

·
Registered
336 Posts
I you still have the stock 2005 900 pistons you may want to visually inspect your pistons from the exhaust ports. Mine had 125 psi of compression in both cylinders by the mag side piston and cylinder were stuffed bad. The dealer installed the updated 2006 pistons with two new cylinders.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I you still have the stock 2005 900 pistons you may want to visually inspect your pistons from the exhaust ports. Mine had 125 psi of compression in both cylinders by the mag side piston and cylinder were stuffed bad. The dealer installed the updated 2006 pistons with two new cylinders.[/b]
Was that under warranty? Im at 127# 900km aprx

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I heard if it aint blown up no warranty. I gues you take the belt off and put a zip tie on the throttle while your taking it in.[/b]
one of my pistons hooked the port and put a knick in the ring and a small flake of nic chipped off. it resulted in a 10 pound comp loss. i had no second year warranty. dealer got 2 pistons and i new cyl warrantied for me. :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
My second year warranty it up the second week of march. I will be checking for scuffed cylinders at the end of the season and get it replaced if needed.

This second year warranty isn't bad as i have to pay a 50 dollar deductible. I had the sled serviced at the dealer and i asked him to check the cylinders and he said i would have to pay for the time checking it if there wasn't anything wrong. I'll check it the next time i have the pipe off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.